comments in code on eval

Giles Bowkett

8/18/2007 2:26:00 AM

# note: this code uses eval(). eval()'s behind a pair of [].each calls
which filter it and make
# it safe to use. use similar precautions and be careful using eval().
also, profile it for
# performance. never expose eval() to user input. wash eval() before
and after use. do not
# eat eval() or attempt to operate heavy machinery after using eval().

let's see if that makes it to production.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...
Tumblelog: http://giles.t...

2 Answers

Arlen Cuss

> let's see if that makes it to production.

Not a chance.

James Gray

On Aug 17, 2007, at 9:26 PM, Giles Bowkett wrote:

> # note: this code uses eval(). eval()'s behind a pair of [].each calls
> which filter it and make
> # it safe to use. use similar precautions and be careful using eval().
> also, profile it for
> # performance. never expose eval() to user input. wash eval() before
> and after use. do not
> # eat eval() or attempt to operate heavy machinery after using eval().
>
> let's see if that makes it to production.

Giles, why do I feel like there's only one tool in your toolbox? ;)

On second thought, maybe it's just your favorite hammer...

James Edward Gray II