ANN: Sequel 0.1.9.9 Released

Sharon Rosner

8/17/2007 11:09:00 PM

Sequel version 0.1.9.9 has just been released. This release includes a
new ADO adapter and a couple of bug fixes, all courtesy of Chris
Carter. Following is a discussion of the changes:

ADO adapter
===========

Windows users now have an easier and faster way to access ADO data
sources, without having to install DBI:

require 'sequel/ado'
DB = Sequel.ado('mydb')
# there's no third step :-)

Bug Fixes
=========

* Added automatic column aliasing to #avg, #sum, #min and #max (#30).
You can now use these convenience methods with MSSQL databases.

* Fixed broken Sequel::DBI::Dataset#fetch_rows (#29).

Sequel project page:
<http://code.google.com/p/ruby-...

Sequel documentation:
<http://sequel.rubyfor...

Join the Sequel-talk group:
<http://groups.google.com/group/seque...

Install the gem:
sudo gem install sequel

Or check out the source and install manually:
svn co http://ruby-sequel.googlecode.com... sequel
cd sequel
rake install

2 Answers

Jim G.

Mason Barge sent the following on Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:02:46 -0500:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 07:17:25 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >Rich <none@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >
> >>For some reason, most of the time, those trollops who hook-up with married
> >>politicians are less than attractive. In this case, Petraeus at least got
> >>lucky. Too bad about the career though.
> >
> >He's got a pension. She's 40. She was his biographer and a Ph.D candidate.
> >She's ruined professionally and academically.
>
> I'm not sure people in academia get ruined by having extra-marital
> affairs. It might end her journalistic career.
>
> I think Petraeus lost a lot more than she did.

Agreed. Or perhaps an argument could be made that you're both partially
right. Petraeus may have lost more, but she may have a more difficult
recovery.

"I'm really ready for this day to be over." -- Duke Crocker, HAVEN

Mason Barge

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 23:43:28 +0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Mason Barge <masonbarge@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>He's got a pension. She's 40. She was his biographer and a Ph.D candidate.
>>>She's ruined professionally and academically.
>
>>I'm not sure people in academia get ruined by having extra-marital
>>affairs. It might end her journalistic career.
>
>>I think Petraeus lost a lot more than she did.
>
>Petraeus was the subject of her dissertation, so I don't see how her
>program will accept it. She had no objectivity.
>
>Petraeus, at least, has a pension and can still feed himself.

Yeah, I'm not dismissing the importance of that. But Petraeus also had a
lot more to lose.