Re: Ruby-doc.org slow?

Arlen Cuss

8/17/2007 11:34:00 AM

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 20:30 +0900, Cliff Rowley wrote:
> Anyone else finding ruby-doc.org running reaaaaally slow, or is it just me?
>
> Cliff

No, reeaalllly slow.

Arlen

3 Answers

Robert Dober

On 8/17/07, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss <celtic@sairyx.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 20:30 +0900, Cliff Rowley wrote:
> > Anyone else finding ruby-doc.org running reaaaaally slow, or is it just me?
> >
> > Cliff
>
> No, reeaalllly slow.
>
> Arlen

If I recall correctly they are quite short on HW and without a
donation that will not really change :(
Correct me someone, please if I am wrong.

Robert

--
[...] as simple as possible, but no simpler.
-- Attributed to Albert Einstein

James Britt

Robert Dober wrote:
> On 8/17/07, Arlen Christian Mart Cuss <celtic@sairyx.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 20:30 +0900, Cliff Rowley wrote:
>>> Anyone else finding ruby-doc.org running reaaaaally slow, or is it just me?
>>>
>>> Cliff
>> No, reeaalllly slow.
>>
>> Arlen
>
> If I recall correctly they are quite short on HW and without a
> donation that will not really change :(
> Correct me someone, please if I am wrong.

That's wrong.

The hardware should be fine for the current typical load.

For reasons still unclear to me, ruby-doc is getting bogged down, even
the static pages. Other sites on the same box seem fine.

James

Robert Dober

On 8/18/07, James Britt <james.britt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Dober wrote:

> >> No, reeaalllly slow.
> >>
> >> Arlen
> >
> > If I recall correctly they are quite short on HW and without a
> > donation that will not really change :(
> > Correct me someone, please if I am wrong.
>
> That's wrong.
You well never get donations with this honest attitude ;)
Sorry that I said something stupid.
Robert

--
I'm an atheist and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know
except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for