mysql gem reporting deadlock

Andrew Arrow

8/17/2007 12:15:00 AM

I posted this message on the mysql forum:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?97,167...

and the ruby code in question uses the mysql-2.7 gem directly. Not
using active record.

When the deadlock occurs it takes about 2 mins and times out with an
error.

But if the run the same SQL in mysql console with two sessions, I get a
deadlock error right away.

Is there a way to make the ruby mysql gem return the deadlock error
without the 2 min wait?

Thanks.

Brad Guth

On Feb 16, 7:58 am, Brad Guth <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D...
>
> > > so just like I predicted... x2...
>
> > > In that third video about different agencies not trusting each other
> > > and not communicating. LOL ...come on cant anyone see a parallel on a
> > > bigger scale having to do with the entire human race ? That is too
> > > obvious. United we stand. Divided we fall.
>
> > > PS: Have faith. Believe in EVERY Warholian warning!
>
> > Here's the best reason for all these rogue asteroids:
>
> > Planet 10 (Tyche)
> > If those icy dwarf binary Pluto items ever get back into planet
> > status, in that case this latest icy item makes 10 (a nice round
> > number).
> >  http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/15/a-nine-planet-solar-sys......
>
> >  Now that's almost an exoplanet, and if any of those captured moons
> > are Earth sized they could even be enough Goldilocks qualified to
> > count as planets that just so happen to have a common moon that's 4
> > times the mass of Jupiter.
>
> > Of course this whole sub-brown dwarf “Tyche” planet, as an Oort item
> > that’s 4 Mj could simply be another ruse in order to divert or
> > distract us away from the hard reality of how the nearby Sirius Oort
> > cloud and the combined mass of everything Sirius is doing another
> > serious number on perturbing items within our solar system.  But then
> > what the heck, at least it’s something new to ponder and fret over,
> > such as when it perturbs Sedna or Apophis into hitting Earth (as bad
> > or worse if either impacts the nearside of our moon) so that our
> > resident doom and gloom Warhol finally gets to say “I told you so”.
>
> > “Astronomers Doubt Giant Planet 'Tyche' Exists in Our Solar System”
> >  http://www.space.com/10863-mystery-planet-tyche-d...
>
> >  http://translate.go...
> >  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”
>
> This latest Tyche planet thing along with its many captured moons and
> its supposed 1.8 million year orbit is just what the doctor ordered,
> as a stealth/hidden planet of 4 Mj that’ll do exactly what the
> combined Sirius mass and it’s terrific Oort cloud can just as easily
> do to us.  Perhaps its seemingly elliptical orbit will somehow be in
> the realm of 100,000 years, even though most are suggesting millions
> of years as based upon orbital mechanics for such a given mass and
> distance estimate.
>
> It actually seems more likely that such a stealth Tyche belongs to
> Sirius, because extended planets as having been tidal released from
> Sirius(B) should exist, and perhaps it's more like a perturbed sub-
> brown dwarf with planet sized moons that still belongs to Sirius(B),
> as belonging to the nearby stellar group of significant mass (<3.5 Ms)
> that have been closing the gap at -7.6 km/sec in addition to whatever
> its 50 year primary orbit linked with Sirius(B) has to offer.  In
> other words, we have ourselves a highly complex four body orbital
> consideration of interactions that’s going to take a serious amount of

We'll certainly know that it's massive enough and sufficiently nearby
if it manages to perturb the likes of Sedna and a few other known Oort
items.

http://translate.go...

Warhol

On Feb 16, 4:56 pm, Brad Guth <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 5:53 am, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > TWO ASTEROIDS HIT THE U.S. ON THE 10TH OF FEBRUARY 2011 [VIDEO]
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6...
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M...
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D...
>
> > so just like I predicted... x2...
>
> > In that third video about different agencies not trusting each other
> > and not communicating. LOL ...come on cant anyone see a parallel on a
> > bigger scale having to do with the entire human race ? That is too
> > obvious. United we stand. Divided we fall.
>
> > PS: Have faith. Believe in EVERY Warholian warning!
>
> Here's the best reason for all these rogue asteroids:
>
> Planet 10 (Tyche)
> If those icy dwarf binary Pluto items ever get back into planet
> status, in that case this latest icy item makes 10 (a nice round
> number).
>  http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/15/a-nine-planet-solar-sys.......
>
>  Now that's almost an exoplanet, and if any of those captured moons
> are Earth sized they could even be enough Goldilocks qualified to
> count as planets that just so happen to have a common moon that's 4
> times the mass of Jupiter.
>
> Of course this whole sub-brown dwarf “Tyche” planet, as an Oort item
> that’s 4 Mj could simply be another ruse in order to divert or
> distract us away from the hard reality of how the nearby Sirius Oort
> cloud and the combined mass of everything Sirius is doing another
> serious number on perturbing items within our solar system.  But then
> what the heck, at least it’s something new to ponder and fret over,
> such as when it perturbs Sedna or Apophis into hitting Earth (as bad
> or worse if either impacts the nearside of our moon) so that our
> resident doom and gloom Warhol finally gets to say “I told you so”.
>
> “Astronomers Doubt Giant Planet 'Tyche' Exists in Our Solar System”
>  http://www.space.com/10863-mystery-planet-tyche-d...
>
>  http://translate.go...
>  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Please Stop listing to what NASA say's...
http://www.elfwood.com/art/m/a/marsicri/ulisse_sire...

The true reason is a CURSE if they don't restore the Kingdom of
Gran'Da'Dy... If they start not to restore Gibraltar to this beloved
son of Sallee Rovers, than a never seen wrath shall befall the evil
ones and troll's in this so low fallen world, where lies are believed,
truth rejected...

It all a question of Ransom and to save the world population from it's
own destruction... because there ain't here one in this world who can
save it from the terrible climate change predicted for the near
future...

Condition are not so terrible here on this planet earth... we have
seen it all... Landslides, super-storms, EQ, terrible Fires above
ground and underground, rumors of revolutions, rumors of war, rumors
of NWO, Lies and hoaxes, food shortage etc etc etc... believe this
warrior we are not heading the right direction... we are at a point
were there is only one who save the world, and lead humanity towards
new promised land... a land where even Death finds his end in the lake
of fire... but to get to that holy land you must pay Ransom to me...
or your name will not appear in my Book... and that means you walk the
Plank...

Let it be a sign to all when in the cometh day's a very big iron Rock
shall fall in the Atlantic ocean, very close to the shores of Morocco
and Spain...

Than...

Gibraltar(the Rock)returned to this warrior of light... or the END OF
THE WORLD.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1746/PreviewComp/SuperStock_174...

Warhol

On Feb 16, 6:16 pm, Brad Guth <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 7:58 am, Brad Guth <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Here's the best reason for all these rogue asteroids:
>
> > > Planet 10 (Tyche)
> > > If those icy dwarf binary Pluto items ever get back into planet
> > > status, in that case this latest icy item makes 10 (a nice round
> > > number).
> > >  http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/15/a-nine-planet-solar-sys......
>
> > >  Now that's almost an exoplanet, and if any of those captured moons
> > > are Earth sized they could even be enough Goldilocks qualified to
> > > count as planets that just so happen to have a common moon that's 4
> > > times the mass of Jupiter.
>
> > > Of course this whole sub-brown dwarf “Tyche” planet, as an Oort item
> > > that’s 4 Mj could simply be another ruse in order to divert or
> > > distract us away from the hard reality of how the nearby Sirius Oort
> > > cloud and the combined mass of everything Sirius is doing another
> > > serious number on perturbing items within our solar system.  But then
> > > what the heck, at least it’s something new to ponder and fret over,
> > > such as when it perturbs Sedna or Apophis into hitting Earth (as bad
> > > or worse if either impacts the nearside of our moon) so that our
> > > resident doom and gloom Warhol finally gets to say “I told you so”.
>
> > > “Astronomers Doubt Giant Planet 'Tyche' Exists in Our Solar System”
> > >  http://www.space.com/10863-mystery-planet-tyche-d...
>
> > >  http://translate.go...
> > >  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”
>
> > This latest Tyche planet thing along with its many captured moons and
> > its supposed 1.8 million year orbit is just what the doctor ordered,
> > as a stealth/hidden planet of 4 Mj that’ll do exactly what the
> > combined Sirius mass and it’s terrific Oort cloud can just as easily
> > do to us.  Perhaps its seemingly elliptical orbit will somehow be in
> > the realm of 100,000 years, even though most are suggesting millions
> > of years as based upon orbital mechanics for such a given mass and
> > distance estimate.
>
> > It actually seems more likely that such a stealth Tyche belongs to
> > Sirius, because extended planets as having been tidal released from
> > Sirius(B) should exist, and perhaps it's more like a perturbed sub-
> > brown dwarf with planet sized moons that still belongs to Sirius(B),
> > as belonging to the nearby stellar group of significant mass (<3.5 Ms)
> > that have been closing the gap at -7.6 km/sec in addition to whatever
> > its 50 year primary orbit linked with Sirius(B) has to offer.  In
> > other words, we have ourselves a highly complex four body orbital
> > consideration of interactions that’s going to take a serious amount of
> > supercomputer processing to figure out.
>
> We'll certainly know that it's massive enough and sufficiently nearby
> if it manages to perturb the likes of Sedna and a few other known Oort
> items.
>
>  http://translate.go...
>  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Thus Sayeth The LORD,"TIME IS OVER"!!

Woe to you who long for the Day of the LORD!
What will the Day of the LORD be for you?
It will be darkness and not light.
It will be like a man who flees from a lion
only to have a bear confront him.
He goes home and rests his hand against the wall
only to have a snake bite him.

Won't the Day of the LORD
be darkness rather than light,
even gloom without any brightness in it?

Amos 5: 18-20

So many I know are becoming desperate with fear and uncertainty of how
they will provide for their children and families, they are
considering things they would NEVER have considered before. These are
dear friends who are letting the weight of their earthly problems
overwhelm them and take their eyes off of Gran'Da'Dy. I tell them
continually to HOLD ON! Help is on the way! But I can see them losing
their grip and I fear for them.

So I say again...MAKE HASTE, YA HASAN!!!

Brad Guth

On Feb 16, 11:09 am, Warhol <mol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> seen it all... Landslides, super-storms, EQ, terrible Fires above
> ground and underground, rumors of revolutions, rumors of war, rumors
> of NWO, Lies and hoaxes, food shortage etc etc etc... believe this
> warrior we are not heading the right direction... we are at a point
> were there is only one who save the world, and lead humanity towards
> new promised land... a land where even Death finds his end in the lake
> of fire... but to get to that holy land you must pay Ransom to me...
> or your name will not appear in my Book... and that means you walk the
> Plank...
>
> Let it be a sign to all when in the cometh day's a very big iron Rock
> shall fall in the Atlantic ocean, very close to the shores of Morocco
> and Spain...
>
> Than...
>
> Gibraltar(the Rock)returned to this warrior of light... or the END OF

Perhaps the 4 Mj of Tyche is your motherload of doom and gloom,
because even its moons could be the size and mass of Earth.

http://translate.go...

Brad Guth

On Feb 16, 11:36 am, Brad Guth <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > new promised land... a land where even Death finds his end in the lake
> > of fire... but to get to that holy land you must pay Ransom to me...
> > or your name will not appear in my Book... and that means you walk the
> > Plank...
>
> > Let it be a sign to all when in the cometh day's a very big iron Rock
> > shall fall in the Atlantic ocean, very close to the shores of Morocco
> > and Spain...
>
> > Than...
>
> > Gibraltar(the Rock)returned to this warrior of light... or the END OF
> > THE WORLD.
>
> >http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1746/PreviewComp/S......
>
> Perhaps the 4 Mj of Tyche is your motherload of doom and gloom,
> because even its moons could be the size and mass of Earth.
>
>  http://translate.go...
>  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

There's also "3753 Cruithne" that could get perturbed or itself cause
something else to close in on us.

http://translate.go...

eugene

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:45:23 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth
<bradguth@gmail.com> wrote:

Asteroids are best treated with Preparation H as you two arseholes
should know by now.

Eugene L Griessel

Of course I can keep secrets. It's the people I tell them to that
can't keep them.

Brad Guth

On Feb 16, 11:58 am, Eugene Griessel <eug...@dynagen.co.za> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:45:23 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth
>
> <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Asteroids are best treated with Preparation H as you two arseholes
> should know by now.
>
> Eugene L Griessel
>
>    Of course I can keep secrets.  It's the people I tell them to that
>    can't keep them.

Of course, you'd know best about butt related matters.

http://translate.go...

Duwop

On Feb 16, 11:58 am, Eugene Griessel <eug...@dynagen.co.za> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:45:23 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth
>
> <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Asteroids are best treated with Preparation H as you two arseholes
> should know by now.
>
> Eugene L Griessel
>
>    Of course I can keep secrets.  It's the people I tell them to that
>    can't keep them.

Ah, okay then, was about to bend your ear over engaging Brad in
conversation, but see you are merely mocking him.

Carry on.