Ruport::DataSet unitialized constant?

Michael Linfield

8/15/2007 8:32:00 PM

even runnin the simplest program such as this -

require "rubygems"
require "ruport"
require "ruport/util"

stuff = Ruport::DataSet.load("filename.csv")

###

gives me the error of uninitialized constant Ruport::DataSet
(NameError)

any idea why it cant find it even though ive doin all the -- gem install
ruport -y -- and what not?

Thanks :D

Stefan Mahlitz

Michael Linfield wrote:
> even runnin the simplest program such as this -
>
> require "rubygems"
> require "ruport"
> require "ruport/util"
>
> stuff = Ruport::DataSet.load("filename.csv")
>
> ###
>
> gives me the error of uninitialized constant Ruport::DataSet
> (NameError)
>
> any idea why it cant find it even though ive doin all the -- gem install
> ruport -y -- and what not?

Well - Ruport::DataSet does not exist - take a look at
http://api.rubyreports.org/classes/Ruport/Data/Table/Fr...

You may want to use

stuff = Ruport::Data::Table.load("filename.csv")

HTH

Stefan