Is there a thread safe implementation of a priority queue?

Lolz Llolz

8/14/2007 7:02:00 PM

I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?

Turing.

Joel VanderWerf

Frank Meyer wrote:
> I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
> safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?

There's some hits in this search that may help:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+pri...

Here's one that I use based on the rbtree extension:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/r...
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

Lolz Llolz

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Frank Meyer wrote:
>> I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
>> safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?
>
> There's some hits in this search that may help:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+pri...
>
> Here's one that I use based on the rbtree extension:
>
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/r...
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...
I already searched myself and I came upon the "rbtree" queue, too but I
can't remember why I dismissed this one. Maybe I was just too tired
yesterday.
Thanks.

Turing.

Lolz Llolz

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Frank Meyer wrote:
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/r...

I finally had the time to download and try this priority queue, but
unfortunately the required RBTree class is a C extension and the
makefile is written for GCC which I don't have (installed).
Could someone be so kind and compile this extension (with windows) and
upload it for me?

Thank you very much!

Turing