Re: JRuby and Netbeans Matisse GUI builder

Kyle Schmitt

8/14/2007 3:26:00 PM

Is it out of beta? I'm using NB6 beta for my home-ruby projects, and
eclipse for my work ruby projects (Though I'm becoming far more
enamored with NB).

3 Answers

James Moore

Do those milestones mean anything to anyone? I just download the
latest binaries from http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson...
regularly (usually daily, but not always).

- James

Charles Oliver Nutter

Leslie Viljoen wrote:
> On 8/14/07, James Moore <jamesthepiper@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do those milestones mean anything to anyone? I just download the
>> latest binaries from http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson...
>> regularly (usually daily, but not always).
>>
>> - James
>

> Good to know! Do you just keep downloading the Ruby modules?

There's some discussion on using the "cluster" bits from the Hudson
build page here:

http://wiki.netbeans.org/wiki/view/RubyIn...

I mostly just grab the full daily builds of NetBeans myself, but that's
mainly because I also want the Java IDE support and the steady stream of
post-M10 bug fixes.

- Charlie

James Moore

I always take the full IDE - I figure NetBeans is changing everywhere,
not just Ruby, and I want the most up-to-date version. Right now I'm
running http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/ruby/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ruby/rubyide/dist/netbeans-rubyide-hudso...

- James