Shai Rosenfeld

8/12/2007 10:51:00 AM

Hi ..

may not be directly related to this forum, but all the big shots are
here, so i was considering asking if anyone has heard of some plugin /
code / snippets / ideas / links of using the rails logger for gathering
site statistics? (i.e, page views, unique visitors, etc)

?

sorry if this is bothersome in this forum & many thanks in advance..

Shai Rosenfeld

Shai Rosenfeld wrote:
> Hi ..
>
> may not be directly related to this forum, but all the big shots are
> here, so i was considering asking if anyone has heard of some plugin /
> code / snippets / ideas / links of using the rails logger for gathering
> site statistics? (i.e, page views, unique visitors, etc)
>
> ?
>
> sorry if this is bothersome in this forum & many thanks in advance..

** ignore post **
thanks

suzeeq

anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <k7n3ri$8va$1@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>> The technology has no point of origin.
>> Hmmmm, will have to think on that. I always thought paradox was that a
>> person couldn't be in the same place at the same time.
>
> I'm always in the same place at the same time!

I meant two of oneself in the same place... silly boy.

David Barnett

In article <k7mqro$vhp$6@news.albasani.net>,
ahk@chinet.com says...

> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
> >Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> >>You don't see Peter's created a paradox?
>
> >>I haven't seen "Through the Looking Glass and What Walter Found There",
> >>so these comments apply to the previous episode. I'd ask anyone commenting
> >>on the later episode to start an unrelated thread.
>
> >I wasn't commenting about any particular episode really. Peter's created
> >a paradox where? Last season or this one? Last season he disappeared
> >from both universes and didn't exist, so he couldn't have met himself
> >anywhere when he came back from between them or wherever he was. This
> >year, hard to say yet.
>
> What do you think learning to use and then to recreate future tech is?
> That makes Peter the creator of the technology that gives The Observers
> their magical powers, tech he couldn't have created if he hadn't taken
> it from a corpse.

That doesn't make sense to me.
He takes tech from the future, presumably invented by
someone. which makes him the inventor of the tech?
Circular.

--
David Barnett

David Barnett

In article <k7n19p$7sd$1@news.albasani.net>,
ahk@chinet.com says...

> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
> >Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> >>What do you think learning to use and then to recreate future tech is?
> >>That makes Peter the creator of the technology that gives The Observers
> >>their magical powers, tech he couldn't have created if he hadn't taken
> >>it from a corpse.
>
> >That's a paradox?
>
> The technology has no point of origin.

The same could be said of God, or if you prefer the
Universe.

--
David Barnett

David Barnett

In article <k7n6t1$m9i$1@dont-email.me>, David@block.net
says...

> >> The technology has no point of origin.
> >
> > Hmmmm, will have to think on that. I always thought paradox was that a
> > person couldn't be in the same place at the same time.
>
> Nope. That's only a paradox if the future self doesn't behave exactly
> the way the past self remembers seeing him behave.

That is headache inducing.

--
David Barnett

David Johnston

On 11/11/2012 2:04 PM, William December Starr wrote:
> In article <k7n19p$7sd$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> said:
>
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> That's a paradox?
>>
>> The technology has no point of origin.
>
> Yeah, but: is that a problem?

It makes it a causeless effect. Strictly speaking that isn't a paradox.
A paradox is when something is self-contradicting. A thing that
happens for no reason isn't self-contradicting, but it does violate the
widespread expectation that every effect shall have a cause.

David Barnett

In article <k7p8tn$udo$1@dont-email.me>, suzee@imbris.com
says...

> anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article <k7n3ri$8va$1@dont-email.me>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Hmmmm, will have to think on that. I always thought paradox was that a
> >> person couldn't be in the same place at the same time.
> >
> > I'm always in the same place at the same time!
>
> I meant two of oneself in the same place... silly boy.

He's just trying to be funny.
Succeeds most of the time.

--
David Barnett

David Johnston

On 11/11/2012 4:01 PM, David Barnett wrote:
> In article <k7n6t1$m9i$1@dont-email.me>, David@block.net
> says...

>>> Hmmmm, will have to think on that. I always thought paradox was that a
>>> person couldn't be in the same place at the same time.
>>
>> Nope. That's only a paradox if the future self doesn't behave exactly
>> the way the past self remembers seeing him behave.
>
> That is headache inducing.

Well, you know. Paradox.

Anim8rFSK

In article <MPG.2b0ad9d28ee3a5bd989e68@news.bigpond.com>,
David Barnett <dbar3518@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> In article <k7p8tn$udo$1@dont-email.me>, suzee@imbris.com
> says...
> >
> > anim8rFSK wrote:

> > > I'm always in the same place at the same time!
> >
> > I meant two of oneself in the same place... silly boy.
>
> He's just trying to be funny.
> Succeeds most of the time.

LOL, burn!

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Adam H. Kerman

David Barnett <dbar3518@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>ahk@chinet.com says...
>>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>>I wasn't commenting about any particular episode really. Peter's created
>>>a paradox where? Last season or this one? Last season he disappeared
>>>from both universes and didn't exist, so he couldn't have met himself
>>>anywhere when he came back from between them or wherever he was. This
>>>year, hard to say yet.

>>What do you think learning to use and then to recreate future tech is?
>>That makes Peter the creator of the technology that gives The Observers
>>their magical powers, tech he couldn't have created if he hadn't taken
>>it from a corpse.

>That doesn't make sense to me.
>He takes tech from the future, presumably invented by
>someone. which makes him the inventor of the tech?
>Circular.

It's Peter. He stuck it in his own brain to learn how to use it. He's
reverse engineered plenty of tech on this show before. I'm assuming this
won't be an exception, although if it is, it'll be out of character.

Yeah. He'll "invent" it.