Re: watir

jabowen

8/10/2007 2:04:00 AM

Thanks I'll check the version I'm running. That's
the only other thing I can think of.

Jeff
--- "lrlebron@gmail.com" <lrlebron@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 10:44 am, Jeffrey Bowen
> <ja_bo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I been teaching myself Ruby for three months now
> and
> > I've needed very Little help until now. I've been
> > working with text files using strings, array's,
> hash's
> > and CSV all with Little problem
> >
> > Now I've moved onto using the watir gem with no
> luck.
> > Unless I openwww.yahoo.comorwww.google.comI get
> > frame errors or the code will not exit. Am I just
> > missing something basic. Code same below.
> >
> > #ie = Watir::IE.start("http://www.yahoo....)
> #works
> > #ie = Watir::IE.start("http://tv.yahoo....) #no
> exit
> > #ie =
> > Watir::IE.start("http://finance.yahoo....)#frame
> > error
> > ie = Watir::IE.start("http://www.nascar....) #no
> > exit
> >
> > Jeff

> > Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
> > Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
> when.http://tv....colle...
>
> require 'watir'
> include Watir
>
> ie = IE.new
> ie.goto('http://finance.yahoo...)
>

> This works for me.
> Luis

http://tv....

2 Answers

Todd Burch

Jeffrey Bowen wrote:
> Thanks I'll check the version I'm running. That's
> the only other thing I can think of.
>
> Jeff

This is kind of a side question...

I've used win32ole for kicking off IE before. What the advantage of
using watir, or is there one?

Thanks, Todd

Paul Rogers

On Aug 9, 9:31 pm, Todd Burch <pro...@burchwoodusa.com> wrote:
> Jeffrey Bowen wrote:
> > Thanks I'll check the version I'm running. That's
> > the only other thing I can think of.
>
> > Jeff
>
> This is kind of a side question...
>
> I've used win32ole for kicking off IE before. What the advantage of
> using watir, or is there one?
>
> Thanks, Todd

watir provides a nicer interface than useing ie/ole directly
You will also be able to run your code against firefox with only a
minimal number of changes.

Paul