Re: Subprocess or Thread

Robert Klemme

8/9/2007 11:53:00 AM

2007/7/5, Michael Dichtl <mdi@meta-1.com>:
> i've a method in ruby with is running for long time (hast to watch for
> events)

Can you show some code or give more detailed explanation what "watch
for events" really means?

> I've tried to do it in an Thread, but it doesn't work.
>
> How can I do a block of code in an subprocess?

It's as simple as this:

puts $$
fork do
puts $$
end

$ ruby -e 'puts $$;fork do puts $$ end'

Whether you actually need another process depends on what you do.

Kind regards

robert

32 Answers

NEMO

"not to speak of the citizens of the germans cities who were killed by
firebombs so a del.effort to kill as much people as possible."

Yup & they were successful, they fire bombed them & then went back &
carpet bombed the rubble & then went back & bombed the survivors - the
German/Nazis wanted war & cheered the Nazis as they marched off to war
& they paid the price of total war!

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that
they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb
them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places,
they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the
wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet GCB OBE AFC

Heinrich

"NEMO" <brianlambsbigtoe@excite.com> schreef in bericht
> "not to speak of the citizens of the germans cities who were killed by
> firebombs so a del.effort to kill as much people as possible."
>
> Yup & they were successful, they fire bombed them & then went back &
> carpet bombed the rubble & then went back & bombed the survivors - the
> German/Nazis wanted war & cheered the Nazis as they marched off to war
> & they paid the price of total war!
>
> "The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that
> they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb
> them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places,
> they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the
> wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
>

> Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet GCB OBE AFC

fuck a duck

The Peeler

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:49:23 +0100, Dumb Heini, the Dutch resident Nazi
troll of sci and scj, wrote:

> "NEMO" <brianlambsbigtoe@excite.com> schreef in bericht
>> "not to speak of the citizens of the germans cities who were killed by
>> firebombs so a del.effort to kill as much people as possible."
>>
>> Yup & they were successful, they fire bombed them & then went back &
>> carpet bombed the rubble & then went back & bombed the survivors - the
>> German/Nazis wanted war & cheered the Nazis as they marched off to war
>> & they paid the price of total war!
>>
>> "The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that
>> they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb
>> them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places,
>> they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the
>> wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
>>

>> Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet GCB OBE AFC
>>

> fuck a duck

Obviously you faggoty Dutch folks were first fucked by the Germans and
laters by the allies! <BG>

--
Dumb Dutch Nazi Heini commenting on his misery: "si9nce we are talking to
each other my mood has improved"

Dug

"The Peeler" <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:49:23 +0100, Dumb Heini, the Dutch resident Nazi
> troll of sci and scj, wrote:
>
>> "NEMO" <brianlambsbigtoe@excite.com> schreef in bericht
>>> "not to speak of the citizens of the germans cities who were killed by
>>> firebombs so a del.effort to kill as much people as possible."
>>>
>>> Yup & they were successful, they fire bombed them & then went back &
>>> carpet bombed the rubble & then went back & bombed the survivors - the
>>> German/Nazis wanted war & cheered the Nazis as they marched off to war
>>> & they paid the price of total war!
>>>
>>> "The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that
>>> they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb
>>> them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places,
>>> they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the
>>> wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
>>>

>>> Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet GCB OBE AFC
>>>

>> fuck a duck
>
> Obviously you faggoty Dutch folks were first fucked by the Germans and
> laters by the allies! <BG>

And later still by the islamonazis! Good fucking to you Heine!

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:44:37 -0800, Dug wrote:

>>> fuck a duck
>>
>> Obviously you faggoty Dutch folks were first fucked by the Germans and
>> laters by the allies! <BG>
>>

> And later still by the islamonazis! Good fucking to you Heine!

Sorry I have missed that. Yep, there's a pattern there! LOL

Tilly

"The Revd" <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:24:14 +0000, L'?minence Grise
> <fifthhorseman@the.apocalypse> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:21:45 +0100, "heinrich"
>><heinrich@ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:
>>
>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Arthur_Harris,_1...
>>
>>Someone hand me a fucking violin...............
>>
>>"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that
>>they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb
>>them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places,
>>they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the
>>wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
>>
>>Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet GCB OBE AFC
>
> He should have bombed Auschwitz?T.

They bombed the railway line.

The Peeler

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:01:54 +1300, "Tilly" <femail1583@gmail.com>
wrote:

>"The Revd" <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:24:14 +0000, L'?minence Grise
>> <fifthhorseman@the.apocalypse> wrote:

>>>Someone hand me a fucking violin...............
>>>
>>>"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that
>>>they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb
>>>them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places,
>>>they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the
>>>wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
>>>
>>>Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet GCB OBE AFC
>>
>> He should have bombed Auschwitz?T.
>

>They bombed the railway line.

By accident. They were planning to bomb adjacent factories.

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:01:54 +1300, "Tilly" <femail1583@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"The Revd" <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote in message

>>> He should have bombed Auschwitz?T.
>>

>>They bombed the railway line.
>
> By accident. They were planning to bomb adjacent factories.

Recently released papers give the reason why Churchill and Eisenhower
wouldn't bomb the line.
They were worried that if they did the Germans would know they had
broken the Enigma code.

Heinrich

"Dug" <andxornot@gggmail.com> schreef in bericht
> "The Peeler" <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:49:23 +0100, Dumb Heini, the Dutch resident Nazi
>> troll of sci and scj, wrote:
>>
>>> "NEMO" <brianlambsbigtoe@excite.com> schreef in bericht

>>> fuck a duck
>>
>> Obviously you faggoty Dutch folks were first fucked by the Germans and
>> laters by the allies! <BG>
>>

> And later still by the islamonazis! Good fucking to you Heine!
>

>> --
>> Dumb Dutch Nazi Heini commenting on his misery: "si9nce we are talking to
>> each other my mood has improved"

have a taco, dug