database placement

Guo Yangguang

8/8/2007 2:04:00 AM

hello:
I have a question about the placement of database.When i use ruby
console window to create a database named myData.This myData is always
stored in the directry:"C:\InstantRails\mysql\data",but i want it to be
stored in my own project.How can i resolve it?What's more ,if i can
place myData into my project
directry,where should i put it? in "db" directry?
By the way ,i used the IntantRails' console window to create that
database.

Mark Gallop

Guo Yangguang wrote:
> hello:
> I have a question about the placement of database.When i use ruby
> console window to create a database named myData.This myData is always
> stored in the directry:"C:\InstantRails\mysql\data",but i want it to be
> stored in my own project.How can i resolve it?What's more ,if i can
> place myData into my project
> directry,where should i put it? in "db" directry?
> By the way ,i used the IntantRails' console window to create that
> database.

How are you creating the database?

If you are using mysql then you want the database files to be stored
where the mysql server expects them and not in your project directory.

Cheers,
Mark