yarv and C

progcat

8/8/2007 12:12:00 AM

I have a somewhat large library written in C that I want to be able to
call from ruby and I have used SWIG in the past. Right now if I did
this with swig it would take me several
days, and I don't want to risk this becoming obsolete in 3 months.

Am I right that yarv is the future? Can SWIG be used with yarv or
would it
be better for me to build my library into yarv? (modify the language)

I don't want to have to write new glue code when the next release of
ruby (or yarv) is out.

Any opinions or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

2 Answers

Warhol

On Feb 13, 8:00 am, "Tilly" <femail1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > The credit goes to Moorish inventors, who did reintroduced knowledge
> > > to the world... a fallen world. If we moors didn't do the hard work,
> > > then this world would be living beast, after the destruction of the
> > > library of Alexandria... all knowledge was lost... you could compare
> > > the destruction of the library of Alexandria with our internet stop
> > > workings and all computers destroyed... All knowledge was
> > > destroyed...
>
> > > Some dark power set it on Fire they say in history books...
>
> > > and in their history books they write....
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria#Arabic_s.......
>
> > > The truth Mongols did it... they set the hole world in darkness...
>
> > > Now when shall we start talk about my authors rights???
>
> > The living have rights. The dead have our admiration.
>
> > You seem unable to utilize what other Moors before accomplished.
>
> >http://translate.go...
> > Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / Guth Usenet
>
> Hah... I will utilize the Jahannam, Purgatory, Gehinnom and the Sally
> Rovers Plank... that too is a Moorish accomplishment...
>
> The complete list of references is as follows:
>
>     * Matt.5:22 whoever calls someone "you fool" will be liable to
> Gehenna.
>     * Matt.5:29 better to lose one of your members than that your
> whole body go into Gehenna.
>     * Matt.5:30 better to lose one of your members than that your
> whole body go into Gehenna.
>     * Matt.10:28 rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in
> Gehenna.
>     * Matt.18:9 better to enter life with one eye than with two eyes
> to be thrown into Gehenna.
>     * Matt.23:15 Pharisees(Yids) make a convert twice as much a child
> of Gehenna as themselves.
>     * Matt.23:33 to Pharisees(Yids): you brood of vipers, how are you
> to escape being sentenced to Gehenna?
>     * Mark 9:43 better to enter life with one hand than with two hands
> to go to Gehenna.
>     * Mark 9:45 better to enter life lame than with two feet to be
> thrown into Gehenna.
>     * Mark 9:47 better to enter the kingdom of Gran'Da'Dy with one eye
> than with two eyes to be thrown into Gehenna
>     * Luke 12:5 Fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to
> cast into Gehenna
>     * James 3:6 the tongue is set on fire by Gehenna.
>
> The name given to Hell for the blind ones, Jahannam, directly derives
> from Gehenna. The Quran contains 77 references to Gehenna , but no
> references to Hades... Since Hades and Gehenna are the same terrible
> location, where evil and unbelievers of the word of warning, will
> certainly finish their odyssey...
>
> Hell is permanent.
>
> Hell is imprisonment.
>
> Hell is punishment.
>
> Hell is a furnace.
>
> It brings light, holiness, peace and tranquillity into this so law
> fallen world.
>
> Hell is BS, used to frighten  people into compliance with the church.

And Now I am using it to frighten YOU...

Tilly

"Warhol" <molarh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> than with two eyes to be thrown into Gehenna
> * Luke 12:5 Fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to
> cast into Gehenna
> * James 3:6 the tongue is set on fire by Gehenna.
>
> The name given to Hell for the blind ones, Jahannam, directly derives
> from Gehenna. The Quran contains 77 references to Gehenna , but no
> references to Hades... Since Hades and Gehenna are the same terrible
> location, where evil and unbelievers of the word of warning, will
> certainly finish their odyssey...
>
> Hell is permanent.
>
> Hell is imprisonment.
>
> Hell is punishment.
>
> Hell is a furnace.
>
> It brings light, holiness, peace and tranquillity into this so law
> fallen world.
>
> Hell is BS, used to frighten people into compliance with the church.

And Now I am using it to frighten YOU...

It doesn't frighten me at all. You can keep your BS.