Re: MySQL

John Joyce

7/29/2007 4:33:00 AM

On Jul 26, 2007, at 8:06 AM, Felix Windt wrote:

> [...]
Safest advice, yes, but...
Well, you can, but that's when safety mechanisms like not developing
under root or not having all priveledges are good ideas.
It's their database though.

8 Answers

hancock4

On Sep 6, 3:27 pm, anim8rFSK <anim8r...@cox.net> wrote:

> A Brady Bunch of Movies (The Brady Bunch Movie / A Very Brady Sequel /
> Brady Bunch In The White House / Growing Up Brady)

The first one was funny. The subsequent sequels weren't so great.

Growing Up Brady is a fictionalized version of Barry Williams' book of
the same title. I think it was originally a TV movie.

Williams' book, while ghost written and rather sardonic, is a pretty
good personal and professional history of the show; he includes copies
of complaint memos from Robert Reed to the producers. Maureen
McCormick also wrote a memoir which is very informative. But she went
through some very hard times and the book is depressing. Florence
Henderson also wrote a memoir about her entire life and career, of
which the B/B was just one part. Sherwood and Lloyd Schwartz also
wrote a book; it seems Sherwood knew exactly what he was doing in
terms of casting and production.

All of these books are available in libraries.

As a reminder, Robert Reed adored the children. He personally treated
all of them to a trip to England on the QE2. (How much they got out
of the trip in terms of drama studies is not mentioned.)

The cast also spoke very highly of their resident teacher and social
worker.

Watching B/B episodes today after reading the memories is interesting
due to knowledge of the back story.

McCormick, for instance, is not fond of the 'football' episode because
(1) she didn't appreciate getting a football thrown at her face
several times, and (2) en route home she got into a nasty car accident
and was hospitalized.

Sherwood Schwartz passed on not long ago. I wonder how many of the
cast attended his funeral.

B/B is aired on MeTV Sunday mornings (two hours worth).

hancock4

On Sep 6, 2:40 pm, Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:

> I really
> should have bought that Thomas Crown Affair set.

Technical side note:

The opening of the original Crown Affair film shows a variety of pay
telephones, with McQueen balancing the calls from a fancy Call
Director set.

One B/B episode featured Mike getting a pay phone for the house as a
result of phone tie-ups. Whether due to Robert Reed's demands for
accuracy or whatever, that episode handled the cost issues accurately
(the pay phone turned out to cost the parents more money than a
regular line).

The B/B house had numerous color extension phones in it. In those
days they were rented at roughly $1 /month (1972) per set beyond the
first one, and colored sets cost extra. Most real families didn't
have that many phones, it was too costly. In our neighborhood in that
era we had a phone on the first floor and one on the second floor. Of
course, our houses didn't have dens, playrooms, etc. In those days
the B/B house was pretty damned nice.

In those days, affluent families got a second phone line for the
children.

Rob Jensen

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:38:55 -0400, Michael Black <et472@ncf.ca> wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> The Brady kids, Barry Williams(Greg), Maureen McCormick(Marcia),
>> Christopher Knight(Peter) and Eve Plumb(Jan) go on the 70s game show
>> "Celebrity Bowling" in 1973. This was taped as the The Brady Bunch was
>> filming it's fifth and last season.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y...
>>
>I noticed the other day at the drugstore there's a DVD set for 9.99 that
>has four Brady Bunch movies. The two with Christopher Barnes, the one
>about the making of the show (there was a wave of those for a while) and
>another one I can't place (and can't remember the title). I am tempted to
>buy it, four movies for ten dolalrs is pretty good, I've got some WWIi
>John Wayne movies that way, the first four Dirty Harry movies, Rocky and
>Bullwinkle with some other movies of tv series, finally Papillon on a four
>movie set of Steve McQueen movies. And they aren't cheap repackaging, the
>movies are in good shape and they are from the legit studios. I guess DVD
>buying dropped off, so they've lowered prices.

IMO, the two theatrical movies -- great examples of clever,
entry-level post-modernism -- are worth the price of that set alone. I
stupidly passed it up at my local Wal-Borg a couple of months ago and
wish that they still had it.

-- Rob

Anim8rFSK

In article <5o1i48l2ggmuki4bmlhq6pr92ohvvses2j@4ax.com>,
Rob Jensen <ShutUpRob@aol.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:38:55 -0400, Michael Black <et472@ncf.ca> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >
> >> The Brady kids, Barry Williams(Greg), Maureen McCormick(Marcia),
> >> Christopher Knight(Peter) and Eve Plumb(Jan) go on the 70s game show
> >> "Celebrity Bowling" in 1973. This was taped as the The Brady Bunch was
> >> filming it's fifth and last season.
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y...
> >>
> >I noticed the other day at the drugstore there's a DVD set for 9.99 that
> >has four Brady Bunch movies. The two with Christopher Barnes, the one
> >about the making of the show (there was a wave of those for a while) and
> >another one I can't place (and can't remember the title). I am tempted to
> >buy it, four movies for ten dolalrs is pretty good, I've got some WWIi
> >John Wayne movies that way, the first four Dirty Harry movies, Rocky and
> >Bullwinkle with some other movies of tv series, finally Papillon on a four
> >movie set of Steve McQueen movies. And they aren't cheap repackaging, the
> >movies are in good shape and they are from the legit studios. I guess DVD
> >buying dropped off, so they've lowered prices.
>
> IMO, the two theatrical movies -- great examples of clever,
> entry-level post-modernism -- are worth the price of that set alone. I
> stupidly passed it up at my local Wal-Borg a couple of months ago and
> wish that they still had it.
>
> -- Rob

Amazon has the set for $11

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Michael Black

Michael Black

hancock4

On Sep 6, 8:54 pm, Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:

> I remember the Very Brady Christams or whatever, with the original cast,
> which I seem to recall caused one iteration of ressurection.

That was a more 'serious' movie, with the original cast. Rather corny
and hokey, but successful.

The other movies were deliberate spoofs on the Brady franchise.

Anim8rFSK

In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.1209062050400.5195@darkstar.example.net>,
Michael Black <et472@ncf.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, anim8rFSK wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing it's this?
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/Brady-Bunch-Movies-Sequel-Growing/dp/...
> >
> > A Brady Bunch of Movies (The Brady Bunch Movie / A Very Brady Sequel /
> > Brady Bunch In The White House / Growing Up Brady)
> >
> Yes, it was the White House one I'd forgotten, in part because I don't
> remember it. It almost sounds like a movie made with the original cast,
> but it didn't fit with the others, and a search says it's a sequel to the
> first two films in the package.

With Autumn Reeser as Marcia!

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."