Shut up, RDoc!

Trans

7/28/2007 1:23:00 PM

Can someone please tell me how shut RDoc up. Every time I run it I
get:

lib/facets.rb:49:29: Skipping require of dynamic string: "facets/
#{lib}"

I've tried everything I can think of to suppress this output.

Thanks,
T.

4 Answers

Gregory Brown

On 7/28/07, Trans <transfire@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how shut RDoc up. Every time I run it I
> get:
>
> lib/facets.rb:49:29: Skipping require of dynamic string: "facets/
> #{lib}"
>
> I've tried everything I can think of to suppress this output.

have you tried:

require "facets/some_lib"
require "facets/another_lib"

You can also of course build up that string and then eval it, but that
seems particularly nasty. IIRC, this was eventually fixed in newer
versions of ruby, but I may be mistaken.

Trans

On Jul 28, 8:44 am, "Gregory Brown" <gregory.t.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/07, Trans <transf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can someone please tell me how shut RDoc up. Every time I run it I
> > get:
>
> > lib/facets.rb:49:29: Skipping require of dynamic string: "facets/
> > #{lib}"
>
> > I've tried everything I can think of to suppress this output.
>
> have you tried:
>
> require "facets/some_lib"
> require "facets/another_lib"

Sigh. Yea, guess I will have to.

Thanks,
T.

Michael Fellinger

> > > Can someone please tell me how shut RDoc up. Every time I run it I
> > > get:
> >
> > > lib/facets.rb:49:29: Skipping require of dynamic string: "facets/
> > > #{lib}"
> >
> > > I've tried everything I can think of to suppress this output.
> >
> > have you tried:
> >
> > require "facets/some_lib"
> > require "facets/another_lib"
>
> Sigh. Yea, guess I will have to.

You can also do:
%w[foo bar].each{|l| require("facets/" + l)}
That will restore your peace :)

Trans

On Jul 28, 11:55 am, "Michael Fellinger" <m.fellin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > have you tried:
>
> > > require "facets/some_lib"
> > > require "facets/another_lib"
>
> > Sigh. Yea, guess I will have to.
>
> You can also do:
> %w[foo bar].each{|l| require("facets/" + l)}
> That will restore your peace :)

Ah... putting it all on one line. Good thinking!

Thanks, Michael!
T.