WIN32OLERuntimeError -- Using ruby for Solidworks

Aaron

7/27/2007 11:34:00 AM

I want to use Ruby to manipulate the famous 3D software Solidworks
though win32ole.
I just did this in the irb:
>require 'win32ole'
=>true
>sw = WIN32OLE.new('SldWorks.Application')

Then I found the Solidworks' process running in the backgroung though
the Process Manager.
Then ,after long time waiting, it results in this error:
WIN32OLERuntimeError:failed to create WIN32OLE object from
'SldWorks.Application'
HRESULT error code:0x80080005

I realy want to know why.

Thank you for your time

7 Answers

Aaron

On Jul 27, 7:34 pm, Aaron <Aaron...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to use Ruby to manipulate the famous 3D software Solidworks
> though win32ole.
> I just did this in the irb:
> >require 'win32ole'
> =>true
> >sw = WIN32OLE.new('SldWorks.Application')
>
> Then I found the Solidworks' process running in the backgroung though
> the Process Manager.
> Then ,after long time waiting, it results in this error:
> WIN32OLERuntimeError:failed to create WIN32OLE object from
> 'SldWorks.Application'
> HRESULT error code:0x80080005
>
> I realy want to know why.
>
> Thank you for your time

I do some testing like this:
first I started the SolidWorks ,seeing the Solidworks' process running
in the backgroung though the Process Manager.

then in the irb :
>require 'win32ole'
=>true
>sw = WIN32OLE.connect('SldWorks.Application')
The error:
WIN32OLERuntimeError:OLE server 'SldWorks.Application' not running
HRESULT error code:0x800401e3

Jano Svitok

On 7/27/07, Aaron <Aaron2Ti@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 7:34 pm, Aaron <Aaron...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to use Ruby to manipulate the famous 3D software Solidworks
> > though win32ole.
> > I just did this in the irb:
> > >require 'win32ole'
> > =>true
> > >sw = WIN32OLE.new('SldWorks.Application')
> >
> > Then I found the Solidworks' process running in the backgroung though
> > the Process Manager.
> > Then ,after long time waiting, it results in this error:
> > WIN32OLERuntimeError:failed to create WIN32OLE object from
> > 'SldWorks.Application'
> > HRESULT error code:0x80080005
> >
> > I realy want to know why.
> >
> > Thank you for your time
>

> I do some testing like this:
> first I started the SolidWorks ,seeing the Solidworks' process running
> in the backgroung though the Process Manager.
>
> then in the irb :
> >require 'win32ole'
> =>true
> >sw = WIN32OLE.connect('SldWorks.Application')
> The error:
> WIN32OLERuntimeError:OLE server 'SldWorks.Application' not running
> HRESULT error code:0x800401e3

Have a look at http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2005/06/24/4...
or google for the error codes.

Try using it from VBA/vbs/any other language to see if it works at all.

Jano

The Peeler

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:12:58 +0200, Dumb Heini, the Dutch resident Nazi
troll of sci and scj, wrote:

> "Al Nakba" <williamhubbard@bluebottle.com> schreef in bericht
> On Sep 18, 10:32 pm, "heinrich" <heinr...@ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313303/Britain-goe......
>
> That should read "Britain is going to Hell", mijnheer!
>
> sad but true that britain is already a lost case

Not quite as lost as you, you hilarious dumb Dutch Nazi pig. Maybe you
should start sorting out your "life" as a senile troll finally and care less
about other peoples' affairs! <hint>

--
Dumb Heini about himself: "i was diagnozed with the syndromeof asperger, no
idea what it means but i am feelingperfectly oke"

mirjam

Herr Heinrich
Since Non Muslim people don`t care if their meat is Hallal Or Kosher ,
this seems very reasonable to me. This way all can eat these meats ,
Non Muslims as well as Muslims .
mirjam

Harold Black

"mirjam" <mirjam@actcom.co.il> wrote in message
> Herr Heinrich
> Since Non Muslim people don`t care if their meat is Hallal Or Kosher ,
> this seems very reasonable to me. This way all can eat these meats ,
> Non Muslims as well as Muslims .

Why do we goyim have to pay the kosher tax?

Why are the kosher tax symbols so small and difficult to see?

Why are there so many different kosher tax symbols?

Why is there a kosher tax at all?

Heinrich

"mirjam" <mirjam@actcom.co.il> schreef in bericht
> Herr Heinrich
> Since Non Muslim people don`t care if their meat is Hallal Or Kosher ,
> this seems very reasonable to me. This way all can eat these meats ,
> Non Muslims as well as Muslims .
> mirjam

not correct. a lot of people oppose this cruel killing of animals, halal or
kosher.

it is the way these poor animals are being killed people donot like and
should be forbidden in civilized countries

The Peeler

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:33:29 +0200, Dumb Heini, the Dutch resident Nazi
troll of sci and scj, wrote:

> "mirjam" <mirjam@actcom.co.il> schreef in bericht
>> Herr Heinrich
>> Since Non Muslim people don`t care if their meat is Hallal Or Kosher ,
>> this seems very reasonable to me. This way all can eat these meats ,
>> Non Muslims as well as Muslims .
>> mirjam
>
> not correct. a lot of people oppose this cruel killing of animals, halal or
> kosher.
>
> it is the way these poor animals are being killed people donot like and
> should be forbidden in civilized countries

Always funny to see how Nazis SEEMINGLY care more about the lives of animals
than about the lives of the people they hate, instigate against and want to
see annihilated! <BG>

--
Excerpts from Dutch Dutch Heini's unbelevbalbe vobcaburally:

unbelevbalbe (unbelievable)
unbeaable (unbearable)
tomroor (tomorrow?)
anniliatyed (annihilated)
tie (time)
alkthouygh (although)
vocitory (victory)
d0onot (don't ?)
lisyten (listen)
thaen (then)
rep0ly (reply)
wjho (who)
illeterate (illiterate) <--- my favourite!!!
wheb (when)
si8nce (since)
p9olice (police)
trill (thrill)