Re: Article of interest (?): Why Ruby on Rails Succeeded

Phlip

7/26/2007 2:49:00 PM

Robert Dober wrote:

>> Oops, I didn't realize Esther had already posted this. Sorry
>> for double announcement.

> Indeed you could have been more careful, now I have to read it *twice*!!!

Not very DRY, guys! (-;

--
Phlip
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780...

Robert Dober

On 7/26/07, Phlip <phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Dober wrote:
>
> >> Oops, I didn't realize Esther had already posted this. Sorry
> >> for double announcement.
>
> > Indeed you could have been more careful, now I have to read it *twice*!!!
>
> Not very DRY, guys! (-;
Read it twice anyway, I just did, really :)

> --
> Phlip
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780...
> ^ assert_xpath
> http://tinyurl.... <-- assert_raise_message

--
[...] as simple as possible, but no simpler.
-- Attributed to Albert Einstein

dblack

Gregory Brown

On 7/26/07, dblack@wobblini.net <dblack@wobblini.net> wrote:
> Hi --

> >> Indeed you could have been more careful, now I have to read it *twice*!!!
> >
> > Not very DRY, guys! (-;
>
> Hal didn't repeat himself -- he repeated someone else :-)

DROP. Don't Repeat Other People

Robert Dober

On 7/27/07, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/07, dblack@wobblini.net <dblack@wobblini.net> wrote:
> > Hi --

> > > Not very DRY, guys! (-;
> >
> > Hal didn't repeat himself -- he repeated someone else :-)
>
> DROP. Don't Repeat Other People
DRAIN
Don't Repeat Anything In No case

--
[...] as simple as possible, but no simpler.
-- Attributed to Albert Einstein

David A. Black

Robert Dober

On 7/27/07, dblack@rubypal.com <dblack@rubypal.com> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Robert Dober wrote:

> >> DROP. Don't Repeat Other People
> > DRAIN
> > Don't Repeat Anything In No case
>
> DRIP DRY
>
> Don't repeat it, period....
Hmm is this a subtle indication that maybe we are wasting a little bit
too much bandwith ;), I guess you are right.
RDDRRD
;) and out