Re: Ruby Editor

seebs

7/25/2007 2:19:00 PM

In message <5ccfb3340707250148i40dca5aate53bf1692936f5da@mail.gmail.com>, "Rimantas Liubertas"
writes:
>Cost of switching your text editor is much less than cost of
>switching, say, your webapp infrastructure (some my argue), so
>concerns about longevity should be viewed in appropriate context.

I would reverse those by a huge margin. I've been using my current text editor
since a few years before there was a web, let alone a web application, let alone
a web application infrastructure.

-s

1 Answer

Rimantas Liubertas

> >Cost of switching your text editor is much less than cost of
> >switching, say, your webapp infrastructure (some my argue), so
> >concerns about longevity should be viewed in appropriate context.
>
> I would reverse those by a huge margin. I've been using my current text editor
> since a few years before there was a web, let alone a web application, let alone
> a web application infrastructure.

It just says that you have been using your text editor for a really
long time, not a cost
of switching it :)

--
Regards,