where are the Ruby FAQ gone?

Ronald Fischer

7/24/2007 2:24:00 PM

Does anyone know where the Ruby FAQs are gone to? The two sites
which had hosted the FAQs until recently,

http://dev.rubycentral.com/faq/ru...
http://www.rubygarde...

don't seem to work anymore.

The former maintainer of the FAQ, Dave Thomas, had explained to me
a couple of weeks ago that he hopes to find a way of hosting and
maintaining the FAQs again some time later in this year, but in
the meantime, I think even an unmaintained, old version of the
FAQ would be useful.

Does someone happen to have downloaded a local copy, so we could
publish it somewhere, even if it is an interim solution only?

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer@venyon.com>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162

6 Answers

Lloyd Linklater

Ronald Fischer wrote:
> Does anyone know where the Ruby FAQs are gone to? The two sites
> which had hosted the FAQs until recently,
>
> http://dev.rubycentral.com/faq/ru...
> http://www.rubygarde...
>
> don't seem to work anymore.

Will this work:

http://rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/sho...

dblack

James Gray

On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:40 AM, dblack@wobblini.net wrote:

> However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
> to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
> the FAQ at:
>
> http://faq.ruby...
> http://www.rubycentr...
>
> which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
> one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).
>
> I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be OK --
> please let me know if not.

I cannot reach the above links currently.

James Edward Gray II

dblack

James Gray

On Jul 24, 2007, at 11:30 AM, dblack@wobblini.net wrote:

> Hi --
>
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>
>> On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:40 AM, dblack@wobblini.net wrote:
>>
>>> However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
>>> to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
>>> the FAQ at:
>>>
>>> http://faq.ruby...
>>> http://www.rubycentr...
>>> which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
>>> one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).
>>> I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be
>>> OK --
>>> please let me know if not.
>>
>> I cannot reach the above links currently.
>
> I think Chad just (in the past 1/2-hour) did some DNS fixing. See if
> they work now.

Not yet, but I'll give the change some time to trickle down and try
back...

James Edward Gray II

P.S. This issue arose due to links on the Ruby home page we are
trying to fix.

James Gray

On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:40 AM, dblack@wobblini.net wrote:

> However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
> to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
> the FAQ at:
>
> http://faq.ruby...
> http://www.rubycentr...

I can reach these now and I have restored the link on the home page.

James Edward Gray II