Is there any command line editing package?

haomiao

7/24/2007 2:17:00 PM

Hi
I want to develop a command line environment using ruby, it can
- edit the command line online, like vi mode or emacs mode
in bash
- support command history and history searching
- the command is not the real shell command. It is just a
string , when hit enter, this string will pass to another class to
interpret.

Is there any package to use?
Or any other advice?

2 Answers

Rob Biedenharn

On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:20 AM, haomiao wrote:

> Hi
> I want to develop a command line environment using ruby, it can
> - edit the command line online, like vi mode or emacs mode
> in bash
> - support command history and history searching
> - the command is not the real shell command. It is just a
> string , when hit enter, this string will pass to another class to
> interpret.
>
> Is there any package to use?
> Or any other advice?

Something like Readline?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsult...
Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com

haomiao

On 7 24 , 10 31 , Rob Biedenharn <R...@AgileConsultingLLC.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:20 AM, haomiao wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I want to develop a command line environment using ruby, it can
> > - edit the command line online, like vi mode or emacs mode
> > in bash
> > - support command history and history searching
> > - the command is not the real shell command. It is just a
> > string , when hit enter, this string will pass to another class to
> > interpret.
>
> > Is there any package to use?
> > Or any other advice?
>
> Something like Readline?