*.rubyforge.org sites disappearing from google?

Leonard Chin

7/24/2007 3:27:00 AM

Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
to appear in the search results.

This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...

6 Answers

Alex Young

Leonard Chin wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> to appear in the search results.
>
> This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...

I noticed it for mongrel, certainly, but that was only yesterday.

--
Alex

Travis D Warlick Jr

Andreas Launila

Leonard Chin wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> to appear in the search results.
>
> This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...

Probably a cause of this:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102&aid=12074&...

--
Andreas Launila

Tom Copeland

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:37 +0900, Andreas Launila wrote:
> Leonard Chin wrote:
> > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> > to appear in the search results.
> >
> > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
> >

> Probably a cause of this:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102&aid=12074&...

Yup, let's give it a day or two and see if Google picks them up again
now that I've removed that block. If not, I'll contact them...

Yours,

Tom

Tom Copeland

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 09:20 -0400, Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:37 +0900, Andreas Launila wrote:
> > Leonard Chin wrote:
> > > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> > > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> > > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> > > to appear in the search results.
> > >
> > > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
> > >

> > Probably a cause of this:
> > http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102&aid=12074&...
>
> Yup, let's give it a day or two and see if Google picks them up again
> now that I've removed that block. If not, I'll contact them...

FYI, this appears to be cleared up now:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:mongrel.ruby...

Note to self, don't block Googlebots with iptables!

Yours,

Tom

Periander

a little sanity, please <rational@nospam.com> wrote in news:idrpeh$f2b$1
@pcls6.std.com:

> In article <Xns9E49F0C3FBB68ulmbritwarcouk@69.16.176.253>,
> Periander <ulm@.4rubbish.britwar.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> a little sanity, please <rational@nospam.com> wrote in news:idrote$taq
>> $1@pcls6.std.com:
>
>>> How much fuel is required to cut down a tree?
>
>> 1 tree or a 1000 trees or 10000 trees.
>
> 1 tree.

Oh I see and just how many million were cremated with this one tree?

I don't want to pin you down on silly details lets say to the nearest
hundred thousand, I'm sure that'll be sufficient for the purpose of this
debate.

--

Regards,

Periander