[ANN] Ruby-VPI 17.0.0

Suraj Kurapati

7/22/2007 10:06:00 PM

Ruby-VPI is a Ruby interface to IEEE 1364-2005 Verilog VPI
and a platform for unit testing, rapid prototyping, and
systems integration of Verilog modules through Ruby. It
lets you create complex Verilog test benches easily and
wholly in Ruby.

â?¢ See http://ruby-vpi.rub... for details.

�����������������������������������������������������������

Version 17.0.0 (2007-07-22)

This release makes the Ruby-VPI testing framework more
lightweight by reducing the number of files and
parameters involved.

Caution

â?¢ The generate_test.rb and convert.rb executables have
been replaced by a single ruby-vpi executable to avoid
name conflicts with other software. They are now
accessed using the

ruby-vpi generate

and

ruby-vpi convert

commands respectively.

â?¢ The --name parameter has been removed from the
automated test generator. Similarly, you can no longer
insert an arbitrary name in a testâ??s file names (see
the user manual for details).

â?¢ The DEBUG environment variable, which controls wether
the test runner starts the interactive debugger, has
been renamed to DEBUGGER.

â?¢ The SIMULATOR_TARGET and SIMULATOR_INCLUDES parameters
have been eliminated from test runners. The former is
detected automatically. As for the latter, you can
specify paths to directories in the SIMULATOR_SOURCES
parameter instead.

â?¢ The bench.rb and bench.v files of a generated test are
(1) no longer generated by the test generator and (2)
are now ignored. You must move the functionality
provided by these files into design.rb and your Verilog
moduleâ??s source file respectively.

â?¢ The design.rb and proto.rb files are now loaded into a
separate namespace (Ruby module). For example, if the
Verilog module under test has the name â??counterâ? and
the design.rb file defines a class named â??Fooâ?, then
that class will be accessible as â??Counter::Fooâ?.

â?¢ The global Vpi::simulate method has been replaced by
the cycle! method in the design.rb file.

â?¢ The simulate! method in the proto.rb file has been
renamed to feign! for accuracy.

â?¢ The RubyVpi module has been renamed to RubyVPI.

â?¢ RSpec >= 1.0.0 is now required by Ruby-VPI.

â?¢ The project license has been further simplified.

Repairs

â?¢ Restored support for Enumerable methods in Vpi::Handle.

â?¢ The specification now begins to execute at simulation
time 0. Previously it began at simulation time 1.

Improvements

â?¢ The bench.rb and bench.v files of a generated test have
been eliminated!

One important benefit is that the Ruby interface to the
Verilog module under test is now a direct reference,
whereas previously it was an indirect reference (it
pointed to the Verilog module defined in bench.v, which
in turn wrapped around the actual Verilog module under
test).

As a result, you can now access the internals of the
Verilog module under test by simply calling methods on
the Ruby interface, as you would naturally expect to be
the case.

â?¢ The â??aâ? accessor, which returns an array of child
handles, has been added to the method naming format for
accessing child handles.

â?¢ All parameter objects in the Verilog module under test
are automatically made available as constants. For
example, if the Verilog module under test has the name
counter and has a parameter object named WIDTH, then
you can access the integer value of that parameter
using Counter::WIDTH.

â?¢ The automated test generator now tries to automatically
detect the clock and reset signal from Verilog module
declarations.

â?¢ Exceptions are now raised when you try to write to a
read-only VPI property, such as VpiName.

â?¢ Added high?, high!, low?, and low! methods to the
Vpi::Handle class.

â?¢ Revised the user manual by removing unnecessary
sections and adding newer material from my masterâ??s
thesis.

Contributions

â?¢ Added Jacinto Shy IIâ??s register file example to
Ruby-VPI. It can be found in samp/register_file/.

Periander

a little sanity, please <rational@nospam.com> wrote in news:idrj7c$4jg
$1@pcls6.std.com:

> In article <Xns9E49DDB119844ulmbritwarcouk@69.16.176.253>,
> Periander <ulm@.4rubbish.britwar.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Nearly *900* workers to dispose of corpses in *one* camp is
>>> not excessive?
>
>> Nearly 900 half starved men to chop and carry the necessary
>> wood, strip the corpses, delouse/disinfect the recyclables
>> such as clothes, shoes. Then sort, size and package/distribute
>> the same. Collect catagorise and account for any valuables
>> such as gold/watches. Disinfect the storage rooms, carry
>> the corpses from the place of death to the morgues, from
>> the morgues upto the ovens, periodically clear out the ashes.
>>
>> Soon adds up doesn't it?
>
> It adds up to thousands of dead people every day.

That's not even close to an answer, for instance how long does it take a
half starved man using only hand tools to cut and chop a ton of wood?
Even using a trolley how long will it take him to carry it a mile or two
over unprepared ground to where it's needed ... and so on.

You need to spend time away from your computer and try a little honest
manual work.

--

Regards,

Periander

george

On Dec 10, 10:45 am, Periander <ulm@.4rubbish.britwar.co.uk> wrote:
> a little sanity,  please

You appear to be a Holocaust denier and are asking for a little
sanity ?
You just broke my irony meter.

> Nearly 900 half starved men to chop and carry the necessary wood, strip
> the corpses, delouse/disinfect the recyclables such as clothes, shoes.
> Then sort, size and package/distribute the same. Collect catagorise and
> account for any valuables such as gold/watches. Disinfect the storage
> rooms, carry the corpses from the place of death to the morgues, from
> the morgues upto the ovens, periodically clear out the ashes.
>
> Soon adds up doesn't it?

Wrong.
Where do you get the wood chopping from ?

Methinks you haven't read anything except the nazi propaganda.

Zulu

On 09/12/2010 22:22, a little sanity wrote:
> In article<Xns9E49D7475BB64ulmbritwarcouk@69.16.176.253>,
> Periander<ulm@.4rubbish.britwar.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Yup as addressed elsewhere A-B was a very uhnhealthy place and the
>> inmates were given very poor rations and were over worked. Hence
>> together with murders, natural causes and illness there was a very high
>> death rate.
>
> Such a high death rate that an SS officer demanded to immediately
> increase the cremation capacity beyond 2,650 corpses *per day*.
>
> You don't see anything strange with that?

Nothing strange if such claim is to match the cremation ratio used at
that time at all the camps.
Oranienburg had more capacity in proportion. You don't see anything
strange with that?

Zulu

On 09/12/2010 22:09, Periander wrote:
> a little sanity, please<rational@nospam.com> wrote in
>
>> In article<Xns9E49CD59952BEulmbritwarcouk@69.16.176.253>,
>> Periander<ulm@.4rubbish.britwar.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> RJ11<rj11@nospam.com> wrote in news:idrc0f$g9i$1@pcls6.std.com:
>>
>> Two of the Birkenau crematoriums:
>> http://www.holocaust-hi...
> ~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/krema3.sht
>> ml
>> http://www.holocaust-hi...
> ~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/krema4.sht
>> ml
>>
>>> Yes, crematoriums, crematoriums reduce to ashes dead people.
>>
>> Quite a few dead people, apparently:
>>
>> In a memo written on September 8 1942, Kurt Prufer of the
>> firm "Topf and Sons" stated that Auschwitz officials are not
>> satisfied with a cremation capacity of 2,650 corpses per day,
>> and "we should deliver more ovens as quickly as possible".
>> Source: http://www.holocaust-hi...auschwitz/topf/
>>
>> A document which mentions a "gassing cellar" in an Auschwitz-Birkenau
>> crematorium:
>> http://www.holocaust-hi...
> ~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/Vergasungk
>> eller.shtml
>
> Yup as addressed elsewhere A-B was a very uhnhealthy place and the
> inmates were given very poor rations and were over worked. Hence
> together with murders, natural causes and illness there was a very high
> death rate.
>
> Are you saying that A-B wasn't an unhealthy place to live, that the
> inmates were not badly treated with poor rations and over worked? If so
> I fear I must disagree with you.
>
>>> Yes, a de-lousing unit
>>
>> Prove it.
>
> You say it's a gas chamber, you prove it.
>
>> SS labor deployment report, listing 870 stokers in the Auschwitz-
>> Birkenau crematoriums:
>> http://www.holocaust-hi...~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/aug2-
> 3.sht
>> ml
>>
>>> And how many crematoriums were they,
>>
>> What? You don't even know that?
>
> I know, I was asking you on the basis that if you knew the answer and
> their method of operation then the number of workers would hardly appear
> excessive. Still as you avoid the point I expect you don't want to
> answer it as the answer of course undermines your arguement.

As no other documents are displayed, we don't know ever what was the
nominal affectation to the 4 Kremas.

So, how could we appreciate the "abnormality" of that number?

In fact, we can only say a thing:
- that cherry picked day, 2 shifts were working at the 4 Kremas.

Now, we need to compare with a normal day, and it would be even more
interesting to have the corresponding consume of coke.

The Todal

"Zulu" <zulu@freespeech.com> wrote in message
> On 09/12/2010 22:09, Periander wrote:
>> a little sanity, please<rational@nospam.com> wrote in

>>> Two of the Birkenau crematoriums:
>>> http://www.holocaust-hi...
>> ~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/krema3.sht
>>> ml
>>> http://www.holocaust-hi...
>> ~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/krema4.sht
>>> ml

>>> Quite a few dead people, apparently:
>>>
>>> In a memo written on September 8 1942, Kurt Prufer of the
>>> firm "Topf and Sons" stated that Auschwitz officials are not
>>> satisfied with a cremation capacity of 2,650 corpses per day,
>>> and "we should deliver more ovens as quickly as possible".
>>> Source: http://www.holocaust-hi...auschwitz/topf/
>>>
>>> A document which mentions a "gassing cellar" in an Auschwitz-Birkenau
>>> crematorium:
>>> http://www.holocaust-hi...
>> ~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/Vergasungk
>>> eller.shtml
>>
>> Yup as addressed elsewhere A-B was a very uhnhealthy place and the
>> inmates were given very poor rations and were over worked. Hence
>> together with murders, natural causes and illness there was a very high
>> death rate.
>>
>> Are you saying that A-B wasn't an unhealthy place to live, that the
>> inmates were not badly treated with poor rations and over worked? If so
>> I fear I must disagree with you.

>>> Prove it.
>>
>> You say it's a gas chamber, you prove it.
>>
>>> SS labor deployment report, listing 870 stokers in the Auschwitz-
>>> Birkenau crematoriums:
>>> http://www.holocaust-hi...~dkeren/documents/auschwitz/aug2-
>> 3.sht
>>> ml

>>> What? You don't even know that?
>>
>> I know, I was asking you on the basis that if you knew the answer and
>> their method of operation then the number of workers would hardly appear
>> excessive. Still as you avoid the point I expect you don't want to
>> answer it as the answer of course undermines your arguement.
>>

> As no other documents are displayed, we don't know ever what was the
> nominal affectation to the 4 Kremas.
>
> So, how could we appreciate the "abnormality" of that number?
>
> In fact, we can only say a thing:
> - that cherry picked day, 2 shifts were working at the 4 Kremas.
>
> Now, we need to compare with a normal day, and it would be even more
> interesting to have the corresponding consume of coke.

Tempting though it is to join in this discussion, I now have no idea what
you are asserting and what it is supposed to prove.

All reputable historians accept that many prisoners were killed in gas
chambers and the bodies of many of them were cremated (others were burned
with gasoline in pits, others were simply buried). I may have missed
something but I don't see anything inherently evil about cremating corpses.
I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that living people were
cremated deliberately, though it may be that occasionally this happened if
there were lots of corpses and one or two weren't quite dead.

If you are hoping to prove that hardly anyone died in the concentration
camps, then you need not merely a few dubious quotes from loony revisionist
historians, you need to find a reputable historian who can put the case
forward in an academic essay.

a-little-sanity, please

In article <4d07a6ab$1@news.x-privat.org>, Zulu <zulu@freespeech.com> wrote:

> On 09/12/2010 22:22, a little sanity wrote:

>> Such a high death rate that an SS officer demanded to immediately
>> increase the cremation capacity beyond 2,650 corpses *per day*.
>>
>> You don't see anything strange with that?

> Nothing strange if such claim is to match the cremation
> ratio used at that time at all the camps.

(sigh)

SS officer Krone did not ask to "match the cremation
ratio in other camps(!)".

He was told that the existing and planned facilities could
cremate 2,650 corpses per day, and demanded to immediately
increase this capacity.

Hopefully, you agree this proves that he knew that a
capacity of 2,650 corpses per day is not sufficient for
them?

a-little-sanity, please

In article <4d07a849$1@news.x-privat.org>, Zulu <zulu@freespeech.com> wrote:

> So, how could we appreciate the "abnormality" of that number?

Those of us who have a functioning brain will be able to
use it to infer that if one camp required 900 workers
only to dispose of corpses, it means that your beloved
SS had a truly huge amount of corpses to dispose of.

That the number leaped from an (already very high) 200
to 900 just as the deportation of Hungarian Jews to
Auschwitz started is, of course, no coincidence.

But don't trust me. Ask any sane person you happen
to meet.

GB

please wrote:

>> So, how could we appreciate the "abnormality" of that number?
>
> Those of us who have a functioning brain will be able to
> use it to infer that if one camp required 900 workers
> only to dispose of corpses, it means that your beloved
> SS had a truly huge amount of corpses to dispose of.
>
> That the number leaped from an (already very high) 200
> to 900 just as the deportation of Hungarian Jews to
> Auschwitz started is, of course, no coincidence.

Just one small point - Periander claimed that most of these 900 were engaged
in cutting wood to burn the corpses. Nobody mentioned that green wood does
not burn at all well, so it would be unsuitable for the claimed purpose.