using IO objects?

warhero

7/22/2007 12:07:00 AM

hey.. uh.. slightly sumped with this. I'm using RSCM for some SVN stuff,
and when I do a diff i get a IO object back.. Not sure exactly how to
get what's in it.. any ideas? thanks all

Phlip

Aaron Smith wrote:

> hey.. uh.. slightly sumped with this. I'm using RSCM for some SVN stuff,
> and when I do a diff i get a IO object back.. Not sure exactly how to
> get what's in it.. any ideas? thanks all

Could you post some code and/or output? Your jargon is impenetrable.

--
Phlip
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780...

Ben Bleything

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007, Aaron Smith wrote:
> hey.. uh.. slightly sumped with this. I'm using RSCM for some SVN stuff,
> and when I do a diff i get a IO object back.. Not sure exactly how to
> get what's in it.. any ideas? thanks all

You should be able to call #read on your IO object to slurp the entire
contents. IO is standard library, so you can find docs in all the usual
places. I'd start here:

http://ruby-doc.org/core/class...

Good luck!
Ben