Regexp question

bcparanj@gmail.com

7/20/2007 7:37:00 PM

I have a list of zip codes (3000). Is there any script that I could
use to create a regexp for checking if a user entered zip is in this
list or not? TIA.

1 Answer

darren kirby

quoth the bcparanj@gmail.com:
> I have a list of zip codes (3000). Is there any script that I could
> use to create a regexp for checking if a user entered zip is in this
> list or not? TIA.

Doubtful you need a regexp. Answer depends on the format of your list. If it
is a separate file with one code per line you could do:

codes = IO.readlines("/path/to/codes").each { |line| line.chomp! }
codes.include?(90210.to_s)

or if you have ZIP + 4 codes:

codes.include?("90210-1234")

-d