see raw xml in soap4r

Raymond O'connor

Is there any way with soap4r to see the raw xml of the response without
turning on the debug mode?

For me at least, my soap scripts work correctly 99% of the time, however
occasionally they raise exceptions and it would be handy on these cases
to see the raw xml that is causing the problem. Is there any method I
can call on the main soap response object to dump the raw xml its using?
It would be handy to print this out along with the exception in some
cases.

Thanks,
Ray

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Raymond O'connor

Hi
Thanks for the response, is there a way to turn it on after the request?
I don't want to log every request/response as this program makes tens of
thousands of requests daily. Is there a way just to see the
request/response if an error occurred?

thanks,
Ray

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Zev

On Sep 16, 7:50 pm, John Manning <jrobe...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> [...]
>
> On the objectives and strategy of Israel’s military operation, the
> mission concluded that military planners deliberately followed a
> doctrine which involved “the application of disproportionate force and
> the causing of great damage and destruction to civilian property and
> infrastructure, and suffering to civilian populations.”
>
> On the firing of mortars from Gaza, the mission concluded that they were
> indiscriminate and deliberate attacks against a civilian population and
> “would constitute war crimes and may amount to crimes against humanity.”
> It added that their apparent intention of spreading terror among the
> Israeli civilian population was a violation of international law.
>
> The report recommended that the Security Council should require Israel
> to take steps to launch appropriate independent investigations into the
> alleged crimes committed, in conformity with international standards,
> and report back on these investigations within six months.
>
> It further called on the Security Council to appoint a committee of
> experts to monitor the proceedings taken by the Israeli Government. If
> these did not take place, or were not independent and in conformity with
> international standards, the report called for the Security Council to
> refer the situation in Gaza to the Prosecutor of the International
> Criminal Court (ICC).
>
> It also called on the Security Council to require the committee of
> experts to perform a similar role with regard to the relevant
> Palestinian authorities.
>
> At today’s briefing, Justice Goldstone said the mission had investigated
> 36 incidents that took place during the Israeli operation in Gaza, which
> he said did not relate to decisions taken in the heat of battle, but to
> deliberate policies that were adopted and decisions that were taken.
>
> As an example, he described one such incident: a mortar attack on a
> mosque in Gaza during a religious service, which killed 15 members of
> the congregation and injured many others. Justice Goldstone said that
> even if allegations that the mosque was used as sanctuary by military
> groups and that weapons were stored there were true, there was still “no
> justification under international humanitarian law to mortar the mosque
> during a service,” because it could have been attacked during the night,
> when it was not being used by civilians.
>
> Justice Goldstone added that the report reflected the unanimous view of
> the mission’s four members.
>
> The other members of the team are Christine Chinkin, Professor of
> International Law at the London School of Economics and Political
> Science at the University of London; Hina Jilani, Advocate of the
> Supreme Court of Pakistan and former Special Representative of the
> Secretary-General on Human Rights Defenders; and retired Colonel Desmond
> Travers, member of the Board of Directors of the Institute for
> International Criminal Investigations (IICI).

None of the members of the team has an intimate knowledge of Gaza,
none knows Arabic *and* is not known to be biased against Israel,
2 of Goldstone's 3 aides are known to be biased against Israel.
You don't have to be a genius to see which way the cards were stacked.

I hate to respond to your post with a cut-and-paste job
as I'm doing here, but I don't have the time to do it justice.
For now, this is the best I can do.

http://www.goldstoner...
Understanding the Goldstone report
On September 15, 2009, Judge Richard Goldstone and his Commission
presented their 575-page Report of the United Nations Fact Finding
Mission on the Gaza Conflict to its mandating authority, the United
Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC). From the beginning, observers
raised serious questions about the Commission’s propriety. These
involved its mandate and terms of reference, the sponsoring body’s
domination by dictatorships that regularly abuse human rights in their
own countries, the biases and prejudices of members of the Commission
itself. And yet, the report will play a key role in the effort to
specifically target Israeli troops in both boycott movements and
lawfare attacks, and more broadly to establish a reigning paradigm of
international law as applied to 21st century asymmetrical conflicts.

Those of us who have constructed Understanding the Goldstone Report,
have been following the claims under contention since the events
themselves almost a year ago, and have read the report in detail. We
offer a wide range of analysis, from careful examination of specific
incidents and controversies to broader legal and conceptual issues.
In so doing, we have come to the following conclusions:

The report violates international standards for inquries, including UN
rules on fact-finding, replicating earlier UNHRC biased statements.
The Commission systematically favored witnesses and evidence put
forward by anti-Israel advocates, and dismissed evidence and testimony
that would undermine its case.
The commission relied extensively on mediating agencies, especially UN
and NGOs, which have a documented hostility to Israel; the report
reproduces earlier reports and claims from these agencies.
At the same time, the Commission inexplicably downplayed or ignored
substantial evidence of Hamas’ commission of war crimes, crimes
against humanity and crimes of terror, including specifically its
victimization of the Palestinian population by its use of human
shields, civilian dress for combatants, and combat use of protected
objects like ambulances, hospitals and mosques.
The Commission openly denies a presumption of innocence to the
Israelis accused of crimes (while honoring Hamas’ presumed innocence)
and acknowledges that it made accusations of crimes without proof that
would stand up in court.
The report contains numerous gratuitous digressions into issues beyond
the purview of a fact-finding commission that are inaccurate and
profoundly hostile to Israel and Jews.
The Commission distorted legal standards, imposing on Israel standards
that reverse their generally understood and applied meaning, while
ignoring important rules of international law that put the onus of
responsibility on an organization as base, by Goldstone’s own
standards, as Hamas.

In all our analyses and conclusions, we have adhered to principles of
empirical evidence and consistent reasoning. Since the skeptical
reader might well accuse us of making up our mind in advance, we
emphasize that one should not agree or disagree with us because of how
one feels about Israel or the Palestinians, but because of the
evidence. We invite readers to examine our arguments without
prejudice, make up their own minds and, where they see problems,
challenge our arguments. Sweeping and inflammatory rhetoric not
welcome.

If you find even a portion of what we argue to have merit, you may be
interested in some further questions that these observations raise:

How could a Judge with Goldstone's reputation have presided over such
a Commission?
What are the long-term consequences of such judgments on the
containment or encouragement of future war crimes in asymmetrical wars
like the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
What are the mediated paths by which we receive our information about
the Arab-Israeli conflict?
If Goldstone's approach is misguided, how should people of good will,
concerned for both justice and humanity, proceed in dealing with
asymmetrical warfare?

We welcome both considered and reasoned comment and submissions of
essays to the discussion. It is our belief that the most interesting
discussions of Goldstone will take place in cyberspace, in the new and
raucus “City of Letters” – the blogosphere.

John Manning

Zev wrote:
> On Sep 16, 7:50 pm, John Manning <jrobe...@terra.com.br> wrote:
>> Zev wrote:
>>> There are indeed "practicalities, challenges and difficulties...".
>>> Too bad you didn't have time to read past the first sentence,
>>> I would have been happy to discuss them with you.
>> That piece is little more than a feeble and failed attempt to discredit
>> an exhaustively detailed 575 page documented outline of the war crimes
>> committed during Gaza conflict.
>>
>> For the third time, it's laughable that you'd consider it as anything
>> remotely adequate to address the actual facts in the Report of the
>> United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict.

>>> It's not cherry-picking, John.
>>> http://newsblaze.com/story/20100915160929zzzz.nb/top...
>>> "The Council failed to issue a condemnatory resolution on Iran
>>> and on a number of countries with ongoing systematic abuses such as
>>> Belarus, China, Cuba, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Syria.
>>> It continued its disproportionate focus on Israel.".
>>> There's more criticism there, if you take the time to read it.
>> There is *always* criticism and there are *always* ways for you to evade
>> the ACTUAL established facts that you are so desperately trying to avoid
>> *directly* looking at, acknowldeging and addressing.
>>
>>> BTW, this link is fromhttp://www.freedom...
>>> I know that, that's why I mentioned the mortars from Gaza.
>>> I'm not changing the subject at all.
>>> What prevents the UN from taking an interest in it?
>>> My guess is that they know they won't be able to blame Israel.
>> You're establishing a clear pattern here, Zev, of doing *anything* and
>> *everything* to evade and avoid *directly* looking at, acknowldeging and
>> addressing the ACTUAL estblished facts of the specific issues at hand.
>>
>> Israel's decades' long occupation of Palestinian lands, the gross and
>> blatant ongoing human rights abuses and un-Democratic unequal legal
>> treatment Palestinians, the systematic incremental theft of Palestinian
>> lands and the long list of grossly disproportionate war crimes committed
>> by the Israelis against the Palestinians.
>>
>> Here they are again:
>>
>> Secret Israeli database reveals full extent of illegal settlements -

http://www.vfp143.org/lit/Gaza/Secret_Israeli_database_reve.......

>> Watch one of the ways the Israelis have been stealing land from the
>> Palestinians:
>>
>> Inside Israeli land grabs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_...
>>
>> = =
>>
>> Israel's documented war crimes in Gaza
>>
>> Report of the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/specialsessi......

>> Since the UN report is 575 pages, here is the much more brief summary:

http://unispal.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/0/8D52A795C565E9AF852576...

>> And here is the United Nations press release:
>>
>> 'UN mission finds evidence of war crimes by both sides in Gaza conflict'

[snip for brevity]

> [...]
> interested in some further questions that these observations raise:
>

> How could a Judge with Goldstone's reputation have presided over such
> a Commission?
> What are the long-term consequences of such judgments on the
> containment or encouragement of future war crimes in asymmetrical wars
> like the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
> What are the mediated paths by which we receive our information about
> the Arab-Israeli conflict?
> If Goldstone's approach is misguided, how should people of good will,
> concerned for both justice and humanity, proceed in dealing with
> asymmetrical warfare?
>

> We welcome both considered and reasoned comment and submissions of
> essays to the discussion. It is our belief that the most interesting
> discussions of Goldstone will take place in cyberspace, in the new and
> raucus ?City of Letters? ? the blogosphere.

Good Lord!

http://www.goldstoner... was put together by a group of mostly
Jewish activist bloggers who are laughably obvious in their
*DEDICATED* bias toward Israel.

Readers can see the list of these bloggers and their special Jewish
interests here: http://www.goldstoner...about-us

---

Like I''ve said a number of times already: You're establishing a clear
pattern here, Zev, of doing *ANYTHING* and *EVERYTHING* to evade and
avoid *DIRECTLY* looking at, acknowldeging and addressing the ACTUAL
estblished facts of the specific issues at hand.

Those are specifically:

http://www.vfp143.org/lit/Gaza/Secret_Israeli_database_reve...xtent_of_illegal_settlement.pdf.

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/specialsessi...UNFFMGC_Report.pdf