Re: How does a GEM get registered when installing one???

Alex Young

7/20/2007 10:50:00 AM

Greg Hauptmann wrote:
<snip>
> checking for Magick-config... no
> checking for GraphicsMagick-config... no
> configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find Magick-config or
> GraphicsMagick-config program.
> RMagick configuration failed with status 1.
<snip>

Just a quick check - did you install ImageMagick before running this?
It looks like that's what's causing the problem, although I could be
mistaken.

Also, it looks like you're using Locomotive - am I mistaken in thinking
that there's a Locomotive package that includes RMagick and ImageMagick
to avoid all this hassle? It's been a while since I did any Rails work
on OS X, so I could be wrong..

--
Alex