Can Test/Unit output in XML?

Maung Augn

Is there any way that I can get test/unit output file in XML format? Any
helpful advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
maung

Richard Conroy

On 7/19/07, Maung Aung <maung@atc-onlane.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way that I can get test/unit output file in XML format? Any
> helpful advice would be very appreciated.

There was a TestReport project on RubyForge, but it's been pulled or
discontinued. I am looking for some kind of test-reporting tool myself
actually. Reporting starts to get pretty important when you are
dealing with tests written by QA.

Jano Svitok

On 7/19/07, Maung Aung <maung@atc-onlane.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way that I can get test/unit output file in XML format? Any
> helpful advice would be very appreciated.

If there's nothing ready, it should not be hard to createa custom
runner/outputter that will write xml.

Have a look at test/unit/ui/console/testrunner.rb how it writes to
console for start.

J.

Jano Svitok

On 7/20/07, Jano Svitok <jan.svitok@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/19/07, Maung Aung <maung@atc-onlane.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way that I can get test/unit output file in XML format? Any
> > helpful advice would be very appreciated.
>
> If there's nothing ready, it should not be hard to createa custom
> runner/outputter that will write xml.
>
> Have a look at test/unit/ui/console/testrunner.rb how it writes to
> console for start.

I have had a look and it's easy to do. The "hardest" part is to define
xml scheme.
Then use xmlbuilder or anything else, and redefine add_fault (two
types here, errors and failures), started, finished, maybe
test_started and test_finished.

J.

Maung Augn

Thanks to all for your suggestions and especially to Andy. It might work
well. Let me try. :-)

maung