Re: Nested structures and C extensions

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Nested structures and C extensions"
on Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:43:06 +0900, Donnie Brasco <infamouxxx@gmail.com> writes:

|On the other hand, if I try to access the members of some structure that
|is a member of the base structure after setting up a pointer to that
|base structure via Data_Get_Struct, I get Bus errors. Even after
|initializing all those variables in my C initializer, they don't come
|back initialized when I pull them from a C implementation of an accessor
|method.

Show us the code. Without seeing the actual code, there's little
chance for us to help you.

matz.

5 Answers

Geo

On Dec 8, 5:28 pm, Yoorg...@Jurgis.net wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:49:14 -0800 (PST), Geo <geotax...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Dec 8, 1:48 pm, Yoorg...@Jurgis.net wrote:

> >> But they do, idiot
>
> >> EVERYONE pays federal taxes---rich and poor
>
> >> Some "get to keep" what they did pay in income tax---but they sure as
> >> shit don't get out of SS
>
> >Some?  Some?  How about most.  As for SS, that is a direct benefit
> >that the contributor gets.  Or, are you suggesting as is the case with
> >fed income taxes, the middle class pay nothing but get all the
> >benefits?
>
> Only those at the very bottom "keep" all theirs.

Uh, that's why I said "most". But, I'm still right. 50% pay less
than 4% of the fed tax bill.

> Whatever misconceptons you get fed to you by faux and the rightwing
> crap you cram into your pea brain---aint in the realm of realityh

Don't need Fox. All I had to do was go to the official IRS stats.
You should try it yourself.

> >> Those who have had the advantage of money, wealth, inheritance, or
> >> opportunity, have a moral obligation to pay a fair share----especially
> >> if the poor are paying everything they get above a subsistence level
>
> >Since you bring it up lets do look at the moral aspect of this.
>
> It's a social just aspect

So, I should be forced to accept your version of what is just, while
you use the govt and their guns to enforce it?

> >Is it
> >moral that 96% of all fed income taxes are paid by 50% of the people?
>
> THose "50%" aren't the top 2%---and they aren't gettin 80% of the
> money

So, in your twisted world the wealthy are "getting" money from the
govt, as if it's the govt is writing them a check or that it's the
govts to begin with.

> >Or that 1% percent had actually paid more in federal income tax than
> >the bottom 95%.
>
> It's not an issue of "how much"---it's an issue of "compared to what"
>
> It is not defensible for the poorest to pay 100% of what they "might"
> have left over---and the top 2% only pay 1/2 of 1% of theirs.

No, it is an issue of how much. Not everyone is equal. That's just
how it is. And, taxes are a cost we pay to live in society as you
freak libs are so accustomed to whining. Want a service? Pay
something for it. Don't expect to take money out of the pockets of
someone else because you happen to want something and don't want to
pay for it. We've already gone too far in that respect and the debt
bears that out. Tax stats bear that out.

> >To say that those with the advantage of the above
> >horseshit that you list are somehow not paying their fair share
> >displays your idiocy for all to see front and center.
>
> They are not.  Their effort is (ability and means) is laughable

Sure they are. Again, the tax stats bear it out. No amount of lying
by you can change that. And to say that the wealthy have not put
effort into obtaining it is as laughable as you are. Cherry pick
examples of inheritors all you want. That's a small percent of the
"wealth" and you know it. Or, maybe your so stupid as to not know
it. More like probably.

> >> Many (a lot) of corporations pay nothing---and many of the wealth
> >> class pay a laughable amount
>
> >See the tax stats.  What's laughable is over 50% of taxpayers paying
> >less than 4% of the fed income tax bill...AND STILL COMPLAINING!!!
>
> But they own 96% of all the fucking wealth, idiot

So what? The tax code is based primarily on income. Want a wealth
tax? Take it up with your local congresscritter.

> >> They also pay excise taxes, gas taxes, communication taxes, and a host
> >> of other federal taxes based on what they buy.
>
> >Gee, paying for what they use.  What a concept.
>
> The wealth class "uses" the bodies of the lower class to protect what
> they have you ignorant asshole

You didn't address my comment. That said, I'll address yours. They
use the bodies of the lower class to produce something. In return
those bodies get a paycheck. Much of which they pay little to nothing
in income taxes. Most of whom receive govt services on the backs of
those that hired them. Stop whining and become one of those people
that use the bodies. Or else, go see if you can get a job from a poor
person. Good luck with that.

rfischer

Geo <geotax779@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Dec 2, 2:43?pm, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> Geo ?<geotax...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >Hey, it's not my beliefs, or the implementation of them, that got us
>> >into multi-trillions in debt.
>>
>> Yes it is. ?Tax cuts for the rich means debts for everybody else.
>
>Then, you have to admit that tax cuts for the non-rich means even more
>debt for everybody else.

The vast majority of the tax cuts go the rich. But the debts do NOT
go to the rich.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
rfischer@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal

Phlip

On Dec 8, 10:23 pm, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

> The vast majority of the tax cuts go the rich.  But the debts do NOT
> go to the rich.

The systemic problem right now is a confused, frightened, and
unemployed electorate cannot think straight enough to vote for their
own interests.

Obama knows perfectly well that in 2 years things will be better, and
the fight will be easier. The debt can wait - China (and England) know
where we live.

And if things are _not_ better in 2 years, then ... Obama knows the
score as well as any slack-jawed yokel.

Geo

On Dec 9, 1:23 am, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> Geo  <geotax...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Yes it is. Tax cuts for the rich means debts for everybody else.
>
> >Then, you have to admit that tax cuts for the non-rich means even more
> >debt for everybody else.
>
> The vast majority of the tax cuts go the rich.  But the debts do NOT
> go to the rich.

Actually, no they don't. With that said if the non-rich are paying
little to nothing in fed income taxes just how is it that they get
stuck with the debt? Note the IRS tax statsand who actually pays the
burden. So, let's hear ir ray.

> --
> Ray Fischer         |  Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
> rfisc...@sonic.net  |  The new GOP ideal

*US*

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 23:45:15 -0800 (PST), Phlip <phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 8, 10:23?pm, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> The vast majority of the tax cuts go the rich. ?But the debts do NOT
>> go to the rich.
>
>The systemic problem right now is a confused, frightened, and
>unemployed electorate cannot think straight enough to vote for their
>own interests.

Even if they could, the computer will do their 'voting' for them.