Re: I need serious help!

seebs

7/16/2007 3:21:00 AM

In message <1e55af990707152018h3fc4d9cbp5e25263d6e076bd3@mail.gmail.com>, "Sy Ali" writes:
>Be careful not to be sued for copying their system.

Blizzard's not famous for lawsuits that dumb. Generally, copyright law has
been pretty consistently on the "you cannot copyright rules" side of things.

>I'd recommend you write down everything you've learned.
>Then hire a programmer/consultant to help you complete the structure.
>Then hire programmers/etc to do the actual work.

That would make sense.

That said, I don't think I know anyone desperate enough to work for someone
that annoying.

-s

5 Answers

Ari Brown

On Jul 15, 2007, at 11:21 PM, Peter Seebach wrote:
> That said, I don't think I know anyone desperate enough to work for
> someone
> that annoying.

... How much would that person pay?.....

aRi
--------------------------------------------|
If you're not living on the edge,
then you're just wasting space.

Sy Ali

On 7/15/07, Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net> wrote:
> In message <1e55af990707152018h3fc4d9cbp5e25263d6e076bd3@mail.gmail.com>, "Sy Ali" writes:
> >Be careful not to be sued for copying their system.
>
> Blizzard's not famous for lawsuits that dumb. Generally, copyright law has
> been pretty consistently on the "you cannot copyright rules" side of things.

That's good to hear. There are a lot of games out there which have
great rules but just didn't implement them very well.. so it would be
nice to see loose remakes without the dread of getting sued.

Sy Ali

On 7/15/07, Ari Brown <ari@aribrown.com> wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2007, at 11:21 PM, Peter Seebach wrote:
> > That said, I don't think I know anyone desperate enough to work for
> > someone
> > that annoying.
>
> ... How much would that person pay?.....

I've worked for and worked with crazy people. While it's amusing and
interesting for a while.. it does become tiresome to the point of deep
deep regret.

John Joyce

Stop feeding the rude, racist Troll kid.
Spend your time and electrons helping people who are really looking
for assistance.
In the meantime, sign the Troll up to some spam list to bomb him out
of his e-mail acct.

SonOfLilit

On 7/16/07, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondanger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Stop feeding the rude, racist Troll kid.
> Spend your time and electrons helping people who are really looking
> for assistance.
> In the meantime, sign the Troll up to some spam list to bomb him out
> of his e-mail acct.

Hey, hey, MINASWAN!

No feeding, sure, but no taking revenge either - I believe trolls can
even be restored to good citizens (!), so there's no need to punish
them for life.

Aur