Re: I need serious help!

seebs

7/16/2007 3:20:00 AM

In message <3f6e1b88b3a4ee04fd9e8d08619225f1@ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
>/This/ is the last post. Lol. Nobody is going to do what I want. What if
>I split the profits? Then loads of people are going to do what I want.

Not really.

First off, you're an asshole, and most people will work with you until the
first time you throw a tantrum and call them names, then leave.

Secondly, you're not gonna have profits to share until you can make a working
system, and since you reject the very concept of doing the work to make a
system workable, or even learning how a workable system looks, it's never
gonna happen.

I normally try not to discourage people, because I think just about anyone
can succeed at just about anything if they try, but I think you may actually
have a genuine inability to ever pull this off. I would be absolutely
flabbergasted if you actually accomplished anything significant without a
major shift in your attitude.

>It's called money. It comes in many forms, the most reconizable for me
>are large bills. The most reconible for you are probably paychecks with
>ammounts between $30,000 and $50,000.

You know, I've been doing technical writing and programming for a long
time now, and I've only once EVER gotten a paycheck for a number in that
range. Since most companies pay in 24 pay periods these days, a $30,000
paycheck represents a salary of AT LEAST $720,000 per year -- and more likely
quite a bit more, since paychecks are generally after taxes.

That said, even those are way larger than the twenties you're used to. :)

-s
p.s.: If you think I'm being gratuitously picky, you have no hope of ever
getting anywhere with computers. They're pickier than I am.

1 Answer

Chad Perrin

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 12:19:33PM +0900, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <3f6e1b88b3a4ee04fd9e8d08619225f1@ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
> >/This/ is the last post. Lol. Nobody is going to do what I want. What if
> >I split the profits? Then loads of people are going to do what I want.
>
> Not really.
>
> First off, you're an asshole, and most people will work with you until the
> first time you throw a tantrum and call them names, then leave.

You're leaving out the part where people who have the skills to create a
game are more likely to create one without him -- and share the profits
of *that* with whoever they decide makes a good partner.

. . or maybe work for Blizzard, or something along those lines.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
awj @reddit: "The terms never and always are never always true."