Re: I need serious help!

seebs

7/16/2007 1:42:00 AM

In message <aPzmi.118$Ji4.110@newsfe12.lga>, "John W. Kennedy" writes:
>You know, I just realized something else. Where's he going to get the
>millions of dollars for hardware, infrastructure, marketing, insurance,
>lawyers, and support staff (not to mention, depending on his wants,
>actors, musicians, manufacturing, and inventory)?

He has plenty of money, remember?

I've never seen the desire to impress people backfire so badly.

-s

3 Answers

Joe Wiltrout

unknown wrote:
> In message <aPzmi.118$Ji4.110@newsfe12.lga>, "John W. Kennedy" writes:
>>You know, I just realized something else. Where's he going to get the
>>millions of dollars for hardware, infrastructure, marketing, insurance,
>>lawyers, and support staff (not to mention, depending on his wants,
>>actors, musicians, manufacturing, and inventory)?
>
> He has plenty of money, remember?
>
> I've never seen the desire to impress people backfire so badly.
>
> -s

Who said I want to start a company? Who said I was even going to release
the game at all? And why would I need infrastructure, hardware,
marketing, insurance, lawyers, and support staff if I'm not gunna
release the game? Maybe I'll only release it to my friends? Have you
ever thought of that? I'v never seen someones attempt to make me feel or
look stupid backfire so badly.

-j

P.S. If your gunna quote, do it write. I said I have plenty of money for
things particular things. I didn't say I was rich.

Chad Perrin

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 11:04:08AM +0900, Joe Wiltrout wrote:
> unknown wrote:
> > In message <aPzmi.118$Ji4.110@newsfe12.lga>, "John W. Kennedy" writes:
> >>You know, I just realized something else. Where's he going to get the
> >>millions of dollars for hardware, infrastructure, marketing, insurance,
> >>lawyers, and support staff (not to mention, depending on his wants,
> >>actors, musicians, manufacturing, and inventory)?
> >
> > He has plenty of money, remember?
> >
> > I've never seen the desire to impress people backfire so badly.
> >
> > -s
>
> Who said I want to start a company? Who said I was even going to release
> the game at all? And why would I need infrastructure, hardware,
> marketing, insurance, lawyers, and support staff if I'm not gunna
> release the game? Maybe I'll only release it to my friends? Have you
> ever thought of that? I'v never seen someones attempt to make me feel or
> look stupid backfire so badly.

Wait . . . I thought Joe said something about "massively multiplayer".

I need to think about how you can have that without, y'know, massively
multi players.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
They always say that when life gives you lemons you should make lemonade.

Chad Perrin

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 10:42:00AM +0900, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <aPzmi.118$Ji4.110@newsfe12.lga>, "John W. Kennedy" writes:
> >You know, I just realized something else. Where's he going to get the
> >millions of dollars for hardware, infrastructure, marketing, insurance,
> >lawyers, and support staff (not to mention, depending on his wants,
> >actors, musicians, manufacturing, and inventory)?
>
> He has plenty of money, remember?
>
> I've never seen the desire to impress people backfire so badly.

I have -- but that was in the Army. Airborne infantry are not exactly
known for their tendency to think things through. Luckily, I recovered.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
Brian K. Reid: "In computer science, we stand on each other's feet."