Re: I need serious help!

seebs

7/16/2007 12:54:00 AM

In message <07e042b11b8cfbe229de58e06a748af5@ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
>Hate to break it to you, but people did tell me to write basic programs
>over and over.

Nope.

>I use the term Hello World to symbolize all of the stupid
>little basic commands and words that people want me to do.

See, there's a huge difference between "write a thousand different little
programs" (often useful) and "write the same program a thousand times" (not
useful). You were encouraged to do the former; you misrepresent it as being
the latter.

>It occured to
>me that people write programs and get paid too, but one tihng occured to
>me to. I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY AS IT IS. And if your going to quote me on my
>I don't have money to spend on books and the like statement, look at it
>closer. BOOKS AND THE LIKE! I have plenty of money to spend on things I
>want or need. Learning to program games was just one thing I decided to
>start after hitting my head on a low ceiling.

Well, it seems to me, then, that you don't actually want to make a game. You
want to already have made a game, without going through any of the intervening
process. Good luck with that!

-s