Re: I need serious help!

seebs

7/15/2007 10:43:00 PM

In message <85a7a997a4ccc6b040caa812b87a2fb9@ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
>But do tell me, When will people put aside their hate for people more
>talented than themselves, but perhaps with less knoledge about
>particular subjects, so that they can both benefit from an allience?

Well, the thing is, the world's full of people who THINK they're talented.
Since I'm not expecting to live forever, I just talk to the ones who
are also polite, too. Talking to people who are rude generally turns
out to be a waste of time I could have spent talking to people who weren't.

-s

3 Answers

Chad Perrin

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 07:43:08AM +0900, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <85a7a997a4ccc6b040caa812b87a2fb9@ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
> >But do tell me, When will people put aside their hate for people more
> >talented than themselves, but perhaps with less knoledge about
> >particular subjects, so that they can both benefit from an allience?
>
> Well, the thing is, the world's full of people who THINK they're talented.
> Since I'm not expecting to live forever, I just talk to the ones who
> are also polite, too. Talking to people who are rude generally turns
> out to be a waste of time I could have spent talking to people who weren't.

I agree. Unfortunately, it seems we've both somehow been tricked into
talking to this particular rude person who thinks he's talented.
Perhaps, regardless of talent, he's actually smarter than us. He was
able to trick us into responding to his trolling, after all.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
awj @reddit: "The terms never and always are never always true."

Joe Wiltrout

Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 07:43:08AM +0900, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> In message <85a7a997a4ccc6b040caa812b87a2fb9@ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
>> >But do tell me, When will people put aside their hate for people more
>> >talented than themselves, but perhaps with less knoledge about
>> >particular subjects, so that they can both benefit from an allience?
>>
>> Well, the thing is, the world's full of people who THINK they're talented.
>> Since I'm not expecting to live forever, I just talk to the ones who
>> are also polite, too. Talking to people who are rude generally turns
>> out to be a waste of time I could have spent talking to people who weren't.
>
> I agree. Unfortunately, it seems we've both somehow been tricked into
> talking to this particular rude person who thinks he's talented.
> Perhaps, regardless of talent, he's actually smarter than us. He was
> able to trick us into responding to his trolling, after all.

And bingo was his name-o. I can't say I have general talent in
everything, but I am a hell of a linebacker, mathematitian (i know i
spelled it wrong), mechanic, video game player, Nazi, racist, 'troll'(in
your words), and person who writes generally confusing statements so the
reader has to look at them several times and wonder 'what did he mean by
that?' and then reads it 4 moer times and understands it so he begins to
compile an answer but then figures that I meant something else so he
goes and changes his answer and after he posts he he finds out he was
write the first time and was subconsiously trying to read my thoughts to
find out what I meant with my slippery ways so he changes his answer
because he thought thats just the kind of thing I would do but I had
actually planned on him doing that so he ended up getting the wrong
answer after all, and ended up posting unintentional flame bait.

Chad Perrin

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 09:47:21AM +0900, Joe Wiltrout wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, the thing is, the world's full of people who THINK they're talented.
> >> Since I'm not expecting to live forever, I just talk to the ones who
> >> are also polite, too. Talking to people who are rude generally turns
> >> out to be a waste of time I could have spent talking to people who weren't.
> >
> > I agree. Unfortunately, it seems we've both somehow been tricked into
> > talking to this particular rude person who thinks he's talented.
> > Perhaps, regardless of talent, he's actually smarter than us. He was
> > able to trick us into responding to his trolling, after all.
>
> And bingo was his name-o. I can't say I have general talent in
> everything, but I am a hell of a linebacker, mathematitian (i know i
> spelled it wrong), mechanic, video game player, Nazi, racist, 'troll'(in
> your words), and person who writes generally confusing statements so the
> reader has to look at them several times and wonder 'what did he mean by
> that?' and then reads it 4 moer times and understands it so he begins to
> compile an answer but then figures that I meant something else so he
> goes and changes his answer and after he posts he he finds out he was
> write the first time and was subconsiously trying to read my thoughts to
> find out what I meant with my slippery ways so he changes his answer
> because he thought thats just the kind of thing I would do but I had
> actually planned on him doing that so he ended up getting the wrong
> answer after all, and ended up posting unintentional flame bait.

I think you've demonstrated a clear and distinct lack of talent for
recognizing subtle irony.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
Leon Festinger: "A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him