Re: I offer serious help

seebs

7/15/2007 10:38:00 PM

In message <5b1b904217b66cf82729e7d4eaf14692@ruby-forum.com>, Joe Wiltrout writes:
>Problem is, all the Logo forums I could find were on Yahoo. I tried to
>get on Yahoo, and it wouldnt let me post unless I configured my accoutn
>settings. So I tried to do that, and gave me a 999 error or something
>like that. So I'm stuck here, fighting off wild animals with stupid
>comments for teeth, until yahoo stops being annoying.

There's this old joke about someone searching in the street for something,
and his friend asks him, "what are you looking for?" "Oh, I dropped a nickel
about a block over that way." "Why are you looking here, then?" "Light's
better."

This isn't going to become a logo list just because you can't figure out
how to get on a logo list.

-s

5 Answers

Joe Wiltrout

unknown wrote:
> In message <5b1b904217b66cf82729e7d4eaf14692@ruby-forum.com>, Joe
> Wiltrout writes:
>>Problem is, all the Logo forums I could find were on Yahoo. I tried to
>>get on Yahoo, and it wouldnt let me post unless I configured my accoutn
>>settings. So I tried to do that, and gave me a 999 error or something
>>like that. So I'm stuck here, fighting off wild animals with stupid
>>comments for teeth, until yahoo stops being annoying.
>
> There's this old joke about someone searching in the street for
> something,
> and his friend asks him, "what are you looking for?" "Oh, I dropped a
> nickel
> about a block over that way." "Why are you looking here, then?"
> "Light's
> better."
>
> This isn't going to become a logo list just because you can't figure out
> how to get on a logo list.
>
> -s

I know perfectly well how to get on the Logo forums. Problem is, Yahoo
isn't working. So I'm going to wait an hour or so, and re-try. And as
for your Lights better joke, How about this in return. There's a guy
searching in space for a grain of sand. The mean old assholians tell him
GO LOOK WHERE YOU LOST IT, EVEN THOUGH THERES A PERFECTLY GOOD NICE
PERSON OVER HERE, WHO WILL GIVE YOU LOADS OF SUGAR, IN RETURN FOR A CUP
OF TEA WHEN YOU MAKE IT. But Saturn, where her left his grain of sugar,
is under construction, and there isn't a legal way in. he can see the
sign that says SUGAR IS HERE, but theres a road block right infront of
where the sign is pointing.

There's your sucky joke. Right back at ya. And better. And more suited
for the situation at hand

Ari Brown

On Jul 15, 2007, at 7:01 PM, Joe Wiltrout wrote:
<Snip>

Kill the flaming.
> I know perfectly well how to get on the Logo forums. Problem is, Yahoo
> isn't working. So I'm going to wait an hour or so, and re-try. And as
> for your Lights better joke, How about this in return. There's a guy
> searching in space for a grain of sand. The mean old assholians
> tell him
> GO LOOK WHERE YOU LOST IT, EVEN THOUGH THERES A PERFECTLY GOOD NICE
> PERSON OVER HERE, WHO WILL GIVE YOU LOADS OF SUGAR, IN RETURN FOR A
> CUP
> OF TEA WHEN YOU MAKE IT. But Saturn, where her left his grain of
> sugar,
> is under construction, and there isn't a legal way in. he can see the
> sign that says SUGAR IS HERE, but theres a road block right infront of
> where the sign is pointing.

That sucked! Tell me a better one!

aRi
--------------------------------------------|
If you're not living on the edge,
then you're just wasting space.

Joe Wiltrout

Ari Brown wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2007, at 7:01 PM, Joe Wiltrout wrote:
> <Snip>
>
> Kill the flaming.
>> is under construction, and there isn't a legal way in. he can see the
>> sign that says SUGAR IS HERE, but theres a road block right infront of
>> where the sign is pointing.
>
> That sucked! Tell me a better one!
>
> aRi
> --------------------------------------------|
> If you're not living on the edge,
> then you're just wasting space.

If I were to kill the flaming, you would be dead. Along with a great
deal of the other 20 or so people who told me to write basic programs
like Hello World.

Joe Wiltrout

And stop spamming up Aurs helpful thread.

Gregory Brown

On 7/15/07, Joe Wiltrout <wiltroutja@aol.com> wrote:
> And stop spamming up Aurs helpful thread.

If you direct your mails to sonoflilit at gmail dot com, no one will
complain about you being off topic, and you can still get the help you
need.

Please consider doing that. Logo is fun but it is not Ruby.

-greg