Re: I need serious help!

seebs

7/14/2007 3:38:00 AM

In message <b37300880707132034y2ceab99ft50db0a090418d684@mail.gmail.com>, "Gregory Brown" write
s:
>Heh. I guess that by USENET culture, we've met the limits of
>escalation now that Hitler has been mentioned. Ah... what a joy.

You can escalate much further these days; see Quirk's Exception and
Seebach's Meta-exception.

>By the way, I hope that my previous comment was taken as
>tounge-in-cheek. I'm not equating you to the War on Terr. :)

Actually, I had no idea. I am utterly blind to peoples' tone.

-s

1 Answer

Gregory Brown

On 7/13/07, Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net> wrote:
> In message <b37300880707132034y2ceab99ft50db0a090418d684@mail.gmail.com>, "Gregory Brown" write
> s:
> >Heh. I guess that by USENET culture, we've met the limits of
> >escalation now that Hitler has been mentioned. Ah... what a joy.
>
> You can escalate much further these days; see Quirk's Exception and
> Seebach's Meta-exception.

The question is not a matter of loss of relevance, because we lost
that a while ago. It's more of, how can we create more tension
without being unoriginal at this point?