Re: I need serious help!

seebs

7/14/2007 3:27:00 AM

In message <b37300880707132023h343cbafdwfdf1dc1f6f01bd6f@mail.gmail.com>, "Gregory Brown" write
s:
>Oh give me a break. Generalizations like that are similar to the ones
>that say we should do ethnic profiling at airports.

And if Hitler hadn't practiced gun control, there wouldn't have been so
many abortions in Nazi Germany!

:p

-s
(will escalate for food)

8 Answers

Gregory Brown

On 7/13/07, Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net> wrote:
> In message <b37300880707132023h343cbafdwfdf1dc1f6f01bd6f@mail.gmail.com>, "Gregory Brown" write
> s:
> >Oh give me a break. Generalizations like that are similar to the ones
> >that say we should do ethnic profiling at airports.
>
> And if Hitler hadn't practiced gun control, there wouldn't have been so
> many abortions in Nazi Germany!

Heh. I guess that by USENET culture, we've met the limits of
escalation now that Hitler has been mentioned. Ah... what a joy.

By the way, I hope that my previous comment was taken as
tounge-in-cheek. I'm not equating you to the War on Terr. :)

Tom

On Sep 4, 9:46 am, Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:
> In article <k2439m$ij...@dont-email.me>, David Johnston
>
> <davidjohnsto...@block.com> wrote:
> > On 9/2/2012 3:31 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
> > > Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in  St. Paul ,
> > > Minnesota, believes we will soon see the end of America as we knew it..  He
> > > points out some interesting facts about Obama's win over McCain in the
> > > 2008 Presidential election.  And in the last four years Obama has made
> > > tremendous progress in turning America even further in to a government run
> > > welfare state.  Here are Professor Olson's facts:
>
> > > Number of States won by:            Obama: 19                McCain: 29
>
> > Odd.  I could have sworn the United States had more than 48 states.
>
> Cue the knee-jerk reactions about there being "57 states."
>
> What's really sad is that the veracity of this material was never
> questioned before it was posted here.  The poster likely didn't think
> about it very much, if at all.  Personally, I would find that kind of
> thing embarrassing, but this debacle probably won't stop him at all.

Idiot Mike often posts first and dodges questions later.

I doubt he even knows the definition of veracity...

Tom

Anim8rFSK

In article <040920121046590028%bubba@nowhere.edu.invalid>,
Professor Bubba <bubba@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:

> In article <k2439m$ijr$1@dont-email.me>, David Johnston
> <davidjohnston29@block.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/2/2012 3:31 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
> > > Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul ,
> > > Minnesota, believes we will soon see the end of America as we knew it. He
> > > points out some interesting facts about Obama's win over McCain in the
> > > 2008 Presidential election. And in the last four years Obama has made
> > > tremendous progress in turning America even further in to a government run
> > > welfare state. Here are Professor Olson's facts:
> > >
> > > Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
> >
> > Odd. I could have sworn the United States had more than 48 states.
>

> Cue the knee-jerk reactions about there being "57 states."

Didn't John Kerry say that first?

Or is that just Heinzsight?

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Ubiquitous

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Professor Bubba <bubba@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:
>> <davidjohnston29@block.com> wrote:

>>> Odd. I could have sworn the United States had more than 48 states.
>>
>> Cue the knee-jerk reactions about there being "57 states."
>
>Didn't John Kerry say that first?
>Or is that just Heinzsight?

I'm not sure; I fell behind with my readings at the time and was unable to
catch up.

--
"Re-electing Obama is like backing The Titanic up and hitting the iceberg a
second time."

Anim8rFSK

In article <k28kpe$kf2$4@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> > Professor Bubba <bubba@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:

> >> Cue the knee-jerk reactions about there being "57 states."
> >
> >Didn't John Kerry say that first?
> >Or is that just Heinzsight?
>
> I'm not sure; I fell behind with my readings at the time and was unable to
> catch up.

More likely you were getting sauced.

--
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."

Mason Barge

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 16:41:02 -0700, anim8rFSK <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>In article <k28kpe$kf2$4@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>> >Didn't John Kerry say that first?
>> >Or is that just Heinzsight?
>>
>> I'm not sure; I fell behind with my readings at the time and was unable to
>> catch up.
>
>More likely you were getting sauced.

I'm getting most tired of this nonsense.

Obveeus

"Mason Barge" <masonbarge@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 16:41:02 -0700, anim8rFSK <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>In article <k28kpe$kf2$4@dont-email.me>,
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure; I fell behind with my readings at the time and was unable
>>> catch up.
>>
>>More likely you were getting sauced.
>
> I'm getting most tired of this nonsense.

You can better protect yourself from stuff like this is you would just wear
a condiment.

trotsky

On 9/6/12 1:41 PM, Obveeus wrote:

> You can better protect yourself from stuff like this is you would just wear
> a condiment.

I think he's still playing ketchup in that dept.