Re: Problem in compilation and installation of Ruby 1.9

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Problem in compilation and installation of Ruby 1.9"
on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:52:14 +0900, Chirag Mistry <chirag80bece@gmail.com> writes:

|> Upgrade your ruby before compiling trunk.

| Thanks for the reply. I have installed ruby 1.8.6 which is
|installed under "/usr/local". The older version ruby 1.6.8 is still in
|"/usr". the "ruby" command now upgraded with /usr/local/bin/ruby which
|latest ruby 1.8.6. But still I am getting below error. Please give your
|feedback.

So your build process must be kicking old ruby (1.6.8?). Try checking
your PATH priority or specify BASERUBY for your make, e.g.

make BASERUBY=/usr/local/bin/ruby

matz.

3 Answers

chirag80bece

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Problem in compilation and installation of Ruby 1.9"
> on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:52:14 +0900, Chirag Mistry
> <chirag80bece@gmail.com> writes:
>
> |> Upgrade your ruby before compiling trunk.
>
> | Thanks for the reply. I have installed ruby 1.8.6 which is
> |installed under "/usr/local". The older version ruby 1.6.8 is still in
> |"/usr". the "ruby" command now upgraded with /usr/local/bin/ruby which
> |latest ruby 1.8.6. But still I am getting below error. Please give your
> |feedback.
>
> So your build process must be kicking old ruby (1.6.8?). Try checking
> your PATH priority or specify BASERUBY for your make, e.g.
>
> make BASERUBY=/usr/local/bin/ruby
>
> matz.

Hi Matz
I tried it also but it is still not wroking. I am getting same
error.

chirag80bece

Chirag Mistry wrote:
> Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In message "Re: Problem in compilation and installation of Ruby 1.9"
>> on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:52:14 +0900, Chirag Mistry

>> | Thanks for the reply. I have installed ruby 1.8.6 which is
>> |installed under "/usr/local". The older version ruby 1.6.8 is still in
>> |"/usr". the "ruby" command now upgraded with /usr/local/bin/ruby which
>> |latest ruby 1.8.6. But still I am getting below error. Please give your
>> |feedback.
>>
>> So your build process must be kicking old ruby (1.6.8?). Try checking
>> your PATH priority or specify BASERUBY for your make, e.g.
>>
>> make BASERUBY=/usr/local/bin/ruby
>>
>> matz.
>
> Hi Matz
> I tried it also but it is still not wroking. I am getting same
> error.

Hi
I checked the things whatever you had mentioned in your reply and
then I tried but it displayed same error. Then I have completely
uninstalled older version of ruby-1.6.8 and then install 1.8.6. Then I
tried to compile ruby1.9 package. But it is still giving same error and
â??makeâ? fails at the execution of following command:

/miniruby ./mkconfig.rb -timestamp=.rbconfig.time -install_name=ruby
-so_name=ruby rbconfig.rb

Are there any special settings to compile ruby1.9 package?
Are there any prerequisites for successful compilation of ruby1.9
package?

Nobuyoshi Nakada

Please stop posting same article many times.

At Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:26:41 +0900,
Chirag Mistry wrote in [ruby-talk:260264]:
> I checked the things whatever you had mentioned in your reply and
> then I tried but it displayed same error. Then I have completely
> uninstalled older version of ruby-1.6.8 and then install 1.8.6. Then I
> tried to compile ruby1.9 package. But it is still giving same error and
> "make" fails at the execution of following command:

What does this show?

./miniruby -s -e 'p $timestamp' -- -timestamp=.rbconfig.time

--
Nobu Nakada