Having problem with jpg image delegate

y33zhang

I've been trying to get Rmagick working with Imagemagick for the last
two days and although I've made some progress, I'm stuck on an error
that is really confusing:

Adispatch.rb:4:in `read': no decode delegate for this image format
`images/Flower_Hat.jpg' (Magick::ImageMagickError)

Okay, so I understand that the cause of this error is that the jpeg
delegate is not installed. However, in my rmagick config.log:

LIBS='-lMagick -lMagick -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lbz2 -lz -lpthread -
lm -lpthread -lWand -lMagick -lgomp'
LOCAL_LIBS='-lMagick -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lbz2 -lz -lpthread -lm -
lpthread -lWand -lMagick -lgomp'

As you can see the libjpeg.so shared object is included and I have
verified that the library exists in the /usr/lib directory which is in
the link path.

Also my imagemagick is also configured with jpeg support. Is there
something else I'm doing wrong here?

Please help! I desperately need to get this working soon.

Thanks
-YY