Re: Religion (was: god 0.1.0 released

seebs

7/10/2007 6:15:00 PM

In message <b37300880707101005t3d66b5d5ve8e1f91638a7cd3d@mail.gmail.com>, "Greg
ory Brown" writes:
>Free exercise is entirely different than state supported endorsement.
>The notion that the US is a Christian nation is only settling for
>Christians.

And only some Christians; many find the notion offensive or even blasphemous.

-s

3 Answers

Robert Parker

On 7/11/07, Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net> wrote:
> In message <b37300880707101005t3d66b5d5ve8e1f91638a7cd3d@mail.gmail.com>, "Greg
> ory Brown" writes:
> >Free exercise is entirely different than state supported endorsement.
> >The notion that the US is a Christian nation is only settling for
> >Christians.
>
> And only some Christians; many find the notion offensive or even blasphemous.

I worked for a firm once who employed some management consultants who
used the slogan "When Your organization is in trouble turn to GOD",
GOD being Grid Organisational Development. Their program was total bs
also.

John Joyce

On Jul 10, 2007, at 9:50 PM, Robert Parker wrote:

> On 7/11/07, Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net> wrote:
>> In message
>> <b37300880707101005t3d66b5d5ve8e1f91638a7cd3d@mail.gmail.com>, "Greg
>> ory Brown" writes:
>> >Free exercise is entirely different than state supported
>> endorsement.
>> >The notion that the US is a Christian nation is only settling for
>> >Christians.
>>
>> And only some Christians; many find the notion offensive or even
>> blasphemous.
>>

> I worked for a firm once who employed some management consultants who
> used the slogan "When Your organization is in trouble turn to GOD",
> GOD being Grid Organisational Development. Their program was total bs
> also.

Usually any organization that resorts to sloganeering is bs. Well,
there's a lot of that kind of bs in acronyms in the computer world
anyway...

Chad Perrin

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 12:15:25PM +0900, John Joyce wrote:

> Usually any organization that resorts to sloganeering is bs. Well,
> there's a lot of that kind of bs in acronyms in the computer world
> anyway...

I think that usually any organization that doesn't do any sloganeering is
doomed. The real reason you think that usually any organization that
"resorts to sloganeering" is BS is probably that 98% of organizations are
BS, period.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
Phillip J. Haack: "Productivity is not about speed. It's about velocity.