mod_ruby questions

Travis D Warlick Jr

7/8/2007 3:25:00 PM

I'm looking into mod_ruby because the Apache+Mongrel combination that
I'm currently using seems to have big overhead and somewhat slow, but I
don't quite understand a few things:

1) If I move from the Apache+Mongrel combination to Apache+mod_ruby,
will my overhead decrease? Significantly? (definitions are up for debate)

2) Will I have to change any Ruby code?

3) In regards to the "shared interpreter" problem: I run multiple Rails
apps on the same server; however, does this mean if I define constant A
in one app and then also in another app I will get errors and/or it will
be overriden?

Let me know if I need to clarify any question. Also, feel free to voice
your opinions on the "best" Rails webserver setup (for shared hosting
environments).

--
Travis Warlick