Fwd: [Tutor] back on bytes

shawn bright

7/6/2007 6:30:00 PM

yep, sorry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jerry Hill <malaclypse2@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 6, 2007 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Tutor] back on bytes
To: shawn bright <nephish@gmail.com>

On 7/6/07, shawn bright <nephish@gmail.com> wrote:
> well, it's very strange to me too.

I don't think I have anything else to contribute here, but you should
forward your last message to the list, so that other people have a
chance to comment.

--
Jerry

16 Answers

rfischer

Rick Saunders <retro_lad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Dec 7, 12:36?pm, "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
><mavigoz...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I am asking Bert the Libertarian, not the party as a whole, where the
>> cutting is to be done.
>
>And, of course, you choose to frame the argument
>in terms of "dismantling" huge programs. That's like
>getting a haircut by asking the barber to remove your leg.

Yo! Dumbshit! Eliminating the ENTIRE military would not balance the
budget.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
rfischer@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal

Geo

On Dec 7, 1:52 pm, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> Bert Hyman  <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:

> >> I am asking Bert the Libertarian, not the party as a whole, where the
> >> cutting is to be done.
>
> >Your unfounded assumptions make a fool of you, again.
>
> A certain way to get a rightard to turn tail and run is to ask it how
> to balance the budget.

Easy. You spend less than you take in. What's the liberal solution?

> --
> Ray Fischer         |  Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
> rfisc...@sonic.net  |  The new GOP ideal

Rick Saunders

On Dec 7, 1:52 pm, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> Rick Saunders  <retro_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >On Dec 7, 12:36 pm, "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
> ><mavigoz...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> I am asking Bert the Libertarian, not the party as a whole, where the
> >> cutting is to be done.
>
> >And, of course, you choose to frame the argument
> >in terms of "dismantling" huge programs. That's like
> >getting a haircut by asking the barber to remove your leg.
>
> Yo!  Dumbshit!  Eliminating the ENTIRE military would not balance the
> budget.

Hey, Raytard! Stuff your strawman where the
sun don't shine! Our current level of spending is
unsustainable. How would YOU balance the budget?
Entirely with higher taxes? Or can you possibly
conceive of cutting spending?

On Dec 7, 7:53 pm, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
> Innews:d6129e31-4e46-40f2-a900-9072ace9ff22@o11g2000prf.googlegroups.com
> "Winston Smith, American Patriot" <mavigoz...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 7, 7:10 pm, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
>
> >> I suppose the LP has something on their Web site for you to read.
>
> > I am asking Bert the Libertarian, not the party as a whole, where the
> > cutting is to be done.
>
> Your unfounded assumptions make a fool of you, again.

Wait a minute! You're telling me that you are not a libertarian? Do
I have to go back years ago and dig up a post wherein you pretty much
admitted implicitly or explicitly that you were one? Or are there two
Bert Hymans in St. Paul? You're the one who operates an NNTP server
doncha?

At any rate, it's time to put your bright ideas where your mouth is.
The last 10 presidents have made a mess of the balance sheet, and it's
time to pay the piper. Watcha gonna do?

Bert Hyman

In news:4cfe825e$0$1676$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net rfischer@sonic.net (Ray
Fischer) wrote:

> Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com> wrote:

>>> I am asking Bert the Libertarian, not the party as a whole, where
>>> the cutting is to be done.
>>
>>Your unfounded assumptions make a fool of you, again.
>
> A certain way to get a rightard

Are you a leftard, or just a 'tard?

> to turn tail and run is to ask it how to balance the budget.

Since you're a consistently disgusting creep, I'm going to guess that
you might be talking about me, except he didn't ask me how I'd balance
the budget.

For some readon, he chose to ask me how someone else, the so-called
"Libertarian Party", proposed to balance the budget.

I have as much access to that information as the self-styled "Winston
Smith" has, and I suggested that he look it up for himself.

I give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll actually be able to do
that. Maybe you two could work it out together.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Bert Hyman

In
"Winston Smith, American Patriot" <mavigozler@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wait a minute! You're telling me that you are not a libertarian?

Wait a minute! You mean you don't know the difference between a
libertarian and the Libertarian Party?

And you expect people to take you seriously?

--

On Dec 7, 9:38 pm, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
> Innews:4cfe825e$0$1676$742ec2ed@news.sonic.netrfisc...@sonic.net (Ray
>
> Fischer) wrote:
> > Bert Hyman  <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:

> >>Your unfounded assumptions make a fool of you, again.
>
> > A certain way to get a rightard
>
> Are you a leftard, or just a 'tard?
>
> > to turn tail and run is to ask it how to balance the budget.
>
> Since you're a consistently disgusting creep, I'm going to guess that
> you might be talking about me, except he didn't ask me how I'd balance
> the budget.
>
> For some readon, he chose to ask me how someone else, the so-called
> "Libertarian Party", proposed to balance the budget.

I am going to quote my earlier post just so that you can see what I
said:

> I am asking Bert the Libertarian, not the party as a whole, where the
> cutting is to be done.

Now what part of that sentence indicates to you that I am asking the
"so-called 'Libertarian Party' " (sic) instead of YOU?

> I have as much access to that information as the self-styled "Winston
> Smith" has, and I suggested that he look it up for himself.
>
> I give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll actually be able to do
> that. Maybe you two could work it out together.

And what is this with the insults and name-calling that you are
directing at me? Have I insulted you or called you names? Is that
what you have descended into now?

If you no longer want to conduct debate intelligently, then I can
certainly treat you with the contempt reserved for those who should be
shining my shoes. I think your problem is that you have probably been
reading too many posts and letting your buttons get pushed. Get your
head out of your ass, and remember only to insult and resort to name-
calling, if you must, with those who sling the mud first.

Getting back to the point of the discussion, if you have no
suggestions about how to balance the budget while insisting that the
Republican tax cut plan is something we should implement, just say so.

Bert Hyman

In news:2f7d306b-7630-4c63-95f3-f2d6fab67a64@35g2000prb.googlegroups.com
"Winston Smith, American Patriot" <mavigozler@yahoo.com> wrote:

> And what is this with the insults and name-calling that you are
> directing at me?

So you're also "Ray Fischer" as well as "Winston Smith?"

--

On Dec 7, 10:13 pm, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
> Innews:a6da1910-01c5-4cbb-a79b-2be224b1bf5a@z26g2000prf.googlegroups.com
> "Winston Smith, American Patriot" <mavigoz...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Wait a minute!  You're telling me that you are not a libertarian?
>
> Wait a minute! You mean you don't know the difference between a
> libertarian and the Libertarian Party?

Well, I haven't had time to keep up lately on the most recent policy
changes. The problem is, libertarians are as varied as people who
call themselves members of the Democratic Party, and you must have
been witness to the attempts by establishment Republicans and Tea
Partiers to take control of that nutty party. The fact is, you
identify yourself as libertarian as do people whom I doubt you would
ever call libertarian. I identified you as one based on
characteristics you had and beliefs held without actually asking you
if you were one, and you implicitly admitted to being one, as I
recall. I have no doubt that the party calling itself Libertarian is
as alien to the concept and ideals as the Democratic Party is alien to
what it is to be democratic. On that basis, I certainly can say I
know the difference.

> And you expect people to take you seriously?

To be honest, I have reached an age where I no longer give a shit
whether people take me seriously. They can ignore my advice, mostly
at their own peril, rarely at their good fortune. While labels are
somewhat convenient and sometimes useful, the ultimate
characterizations come from asking which two (or more?) sides
individuals stand on the itemized list of issues. Right to abortion:
yes or no? Death penalty: yes or no? Climate change: yes or no?
Government regulation: yes or no? I think you get the idea.

Bert Hyman

In
"Winston Smith, American Patriot" <mavigozler@yahoo.com> wrote:

> To be honest, I have reached an age where I no longer give a shit
> whether people take me seriously.

It's working.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com