Window events using RubyX11?

Richard Midwinter

7/6/2007 10:56:00 AM

Does anyone know how to (or even if you can) capture window events such
as minimize, restore using RubyX11 (or similar)?

Thanks

Uma Geller

> Does anyone know how to (or even if you can) capture window events such
> as minimize, restore using RubyX11 (or similar)?

All X11 events can (and have to) be captured by RubyX11,
because it's an implementation of a X11 client.
I don't think it will be useful if you need to use some other X11 client.

Besides, RubyX11 has been abandoned by Matju (its author)
and it's really dated code (written for Ruby 1.6.4 if I remember well)

If all you need is to integrate with existing clients and servers,
you may be better off having a look at some Xlib bindings.

(though, acknowledgely... revamping RubyX11 is one of those
pending tasks that I wish someone would take over one
of these days !!)

--
best,
UG