Platform Specific Gem Dependencies?

Luke Bayes

7/4/2007 11:33:00 PM

I'm trying to build and distribute a cross platform rubygem (http://
code.google.com/p/projectsprouts).

Windows users of this gem need have the win32-open3 gem installed, but
this gem should not be installed or even prompted for users on other
platforms.

Is there a way to define gem dependencies for only specific platforms?

Thanks,

Luke Bayes
http://www.asse...

4 Answers

doctor

In article <tMw0s.370409$Re2.177208@fx06.am4>,
Stephen Wilson <stephen.wilson2004nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>

>>>Doctor Who is the very definition of a cult hit - which means, as one
>>>veteran industry insider wryly told a group of TV critics recently, that
>>>hardly anyone watches. Under normal circumstances, that is. Nothing about
>>>Doctor Who is normal. And when the reimagined, reinvented reboot returns
>>>tonight for its seventh season with Matt Smith once again at the helm of
>>>the TARDIS, a potentially vast worldwide audience will be waiting with
>>>bated breath, in both the U.K. and across North America.
>>>
>>>In an unusual move - and a sign of just how big this supposed "cult hit"
>>>has become - parent company BBC Worldwide has decided to show the first
>>>episode on the same day, virtually at the same time, on two continents.
>>>The decision was hastened in part by the explosion in social media and the
>>>hard truth that spoilers are now a fact of 21st-century existence. If
>>>Doctor Who were to air even a day earlier in either the U.K. or North
>>>America, its secrets would be out and the story would be ruined for a
>>>legion of fans.
>>>
>>>And there are plenty of secrets in the coming season, showrunner and
>>>Doctor Who guru Steven Moffat teased at last weekend's Edinburgh
>>>International Television Festival. The coming season will mark the end of
>>>the Amy Pond era, the Doctor's most recent companion as played by
>>>Inverness ingenue Karen Gillan. Gillan is poised to take on a feature-film
>>>career, and Who devotees are already teary-eyed over the prospect of her
>>>inevitable goodbye - said to be a "blockbuster chase" through the streets
>>>of Manhattan at the season's end.
>>>

>>>The entire season is poised to be a blockbuster, Moffat promised. BBC
>>>spared little expense, despite budget cutbacks, in backing what has become
>>>the U.K. public broadcaster's most-watched, highest-rated and most
>>>profitable export program. Doctor Who is one of those cable dramas that
>>>produces only a handful of new episodes per season. Last season was split
>>>in two, with seven episodes at the beginning, six episodes at the end and
>>>a two-month break in between. The pattern is likely to repeat itself this
>>>season. That means each episode counts for a lot with Who devotees, and
>>>Moffat has said his ambition this season is to make every episode a
>>>standout, stand-alone blockbuster in its own right.
>>>
>>>Tonight's season opener finds the Doctor (Smith) kidnapped by an old foe
>>>and compelled to venture inside "the asylum," an interplanetary prison
>>>that harbours only the insane and the universe's most desperate. To say
>>>more would spoil the surprise. And as Doctor Who devotees know, Who is all
>>>about surprises. The program has survived as long as it has, Moffat
>>>reasons, because each season it takes a different turn. (Space -7 p.m.)
>>>

>>>Copyright Edmonton Journal 2012
>>
>> Please comment Peter J. Ross, Ignis Fatuus, Stephen Wilson and Solar
>> Penguin and Agamemnon.
>
>You haven't commented on it yet yourself. If you can't be bothered, why

I agree that it should have the anti-Moffat anti-Smith faction blowing
the roof.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.m...

Stephen Wilson

> In article <tMw0s.370409$Re2.177208@fx06.am4>,
> Stephen Wilson <stephen.wilson2004nospam@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>"The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

>>> Please comment Peter J. Ross, Ignis Fatuus, Stephen Wilson and Solar
>>> Penguin and Agamemnon.
>>
>>You haven't commented on it yet yourself. If you can't be bothered, why
>>should anyone else?
>>

> I agree that it should have the anti-Moffat anti-Smith faction blowing
> the roof.

The article makes no mention of either anti-Moffat faction, an anti-Smith
faction, or an anti-Moffat anti-Smith faction. It makes no mention of fans
of any persuasion "blowing the roof". You haven't commented on the article,
but you've agreed with a point that was never made. If you read the article
you copied and pasted, you clearly have no idea what it was talking about.
You need to comprehend what was written before demanding comments on it from
others.

Apart from which, what sort of comment are you anticipating? The writer
states that episodes are being transmitted virtually simultaneously in both
the UK and the USA. He gives the main reason for this. Apart from that, all
he does is summarise what has already been said by Moffat. No spoilers,
nothing contentious - basically nothing to comment on.

Peter J Ross

In rec.arts.drwho on Sat, 1 Sep 2012 17:44:50 +0000 (UTC), The Doctor
<doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

<snip>

> Please comment Peter J. Ross, Ignis Fatuus, Stephen Wilson and Solar
> Penguin and Agamemnon.

Whee! I'm not only on a Lits o' Haet, I'm litsed first!

There, I've commented. Happy now?

--
PJR :-) | ??????? ?????? ????????????? ???????????, ????????? ????? ??????? ??????????????.
| ??????????? ????? ??????? ??' ????????????? ??????????????? ?????????, ????????? ????? ??' ???????
| ??????????????????? ?????????, ??????????? ??' ???????????????????????? ?????????
| ????? ?????????????? ??????????? ??? ??????? ????????? ??? ??' ??????????????????. (Homer)

doctor

In article <slrnk4af69.n20.pjr@pjr.no-ip.org>,
Peter J Ross <peadar.ruadh@gmx.com> wrote:
>In rec.arts.drwho on Sat, 1 Sep 2012 17:44:50 +0000 (UTC), The Doctor
><doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Please comment Peter J. Ross, Ignis Fatuus, Stephen Wilson and Solar
>> Penguin and Agamemnon.
>
>Whee! I'm not only on a Lits o' Haet, I'm litsed first!
>
>There, I've commented. Happy now?

On the article you snipped Peter.

You are anti-Moffat.

While you are at it comment on Moffat