Application like Windows Services

Dhiraj Girdhar

I want to make a application which works like Windows Services.
I want following attributes in that application
a. Application should work like hidden application. (Similar to Windows
services)
b. Can be invoked at system login time automatically.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards:
Dhiraj

Jano Svitok

On 7/2/07, Dhiraj Girdhar <dgirdhar@arcot.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to make a application which works like Windows Services.
> I want following attributes in that application
> a. Application should work like hidden application. (Similar to Windows
> services)
> b. Can be invoked at system login time automatically.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

have a look at mongrel_service.

J.

vasudevram

On Jul 2, 4:27 pm, "Jano Svitok" <jan.svi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/2/07, Dhiraj Girdhar <dgird...@arcot.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I want to make a application which works like Windows Services.
> > I want following attributes in that application
> > a. Application should work like hidden application. (Similar to Windows
> > services)
> > b. Can be invoked at system login time automatically.
>
> > Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> have a look at mongrel_service.
>
> J.

1. Check out the docs for the relevant Ruby library - I think its
win32service - not sure.
2. There's a recipe in The Ruby Cookbook for it - again, think so.
3. GIYF :) http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=GIYF&btnG=Google+Search...

Vasudev Ram
http://www.dancin...
http://jugad.livej...
http://sourceforge.net/proje...

Patrick Hurley

gem install win32-service

And thank Dan for all of his hard work on win32 stuff (and other
platforms) that don't always get enough Ruby love,
pth