New File Icon

Peter Marsh

7/1/2007 1:29:00 AM

The default file icon for ruby is a bit ugly. Compare it to Python's
file icon to see what I mean. Are there any plans to change this for
1.9, and if not is there a way to submit an alternative?

Ben Bleything

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007, Peter Marsh wrote:
> The default file icon for ruby is a bit ugly. Compare it to Python's
> file icon to see what I mean. Are there any plans to change this for
> 1.9, and if not is there a way to submit an alternative?

Uh.

Ruby doesn't have a default icon. They're just text files. Whatever
icon you're seeing is coming from your OS/window manager/what have you.
Talk to whoever made that :)

Ben

Peter Marsh

Robert Oliver wrote:
> If you're on Windows, I believe the icon comes from the One-Click Ruby
> Installer and not Ruby itself. You can always associate it with another
> one
> if you want in the File Type Associations dialog.

Oh, I know that but that would only change it for me. I'd like to be
able to submit a new file icon for anyone who's using Ruby.

John Joyce

On Jul 1, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Peter Marsh wrote:

> Robert Oliver wrote:
>> If you're on Windows, I believe the icon comes from the One-Click
>> Ruby
>> Installer and not Ruby itself. You can always associate it with
>> another
>> one
>> if you want in the File Type Associations dialog.
>
> Oh, I know that but that would only change it for me. I'd like to be
> able to submit a new file icon for anyone who's using Ruby.

You can't really. On OS X, for example, the icon reflects the
application designated to open the file-type, it can of course be
changed any time (the default app to open with) But changing icons is
just worth little effort for files.
I'd suggest an icon utility that lets you run themes on your
machine's icons.

SonOfLilit

Talk to the guy that maintains the One-click Ruby Installer.

I'd love to see a beautiful gem symbol instead of the ugly creature
that's on my laptop's ruby files :)

Aur

On 7/1/07, Peter Marsh <evil_grunger@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The default file icon for ruby is a bit ugly. Compare it to Python's
> file icon to see what I mean. Are there any plans to change this for
> 1.9, and if not is there a way to submit an alternative?

John Joyce

If you get in touch with the admins, I'd be happy to design an icon
for it!

John Joyce

Curt Hibbs

John Joyce wrote:
> If you get in touch with the admins, I'd be happy to design an icon
> for it!
>
> John Joyce

Sure, I'd love to get some nice new icons! Please contact me off list
(curt at hibbs dot com).

Curt

The Peeler

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 22:53:15 +0000 (UTC), SmallHenry <not@home.org>
wrote:

>In article <bdUho.5969$FH2.5694@viwinnwfe02.internal.bigpond.com>,
>Harold Black <not@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> Settlers are scum.
>
> All you aussie bastards are effectively settlers.
>
> After all, you did murder the people who owned
> the land you infest.

Sounds like the history of 'Israel', jewboy!

Tall Henry

In article <6q6g86159pfunhuptvbtukc04dk8g3j9j5@4ax.com>,
The Peeler <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote:

>> All you aussie bastards are effectively settlers.
>>
>> After all, you did murder the people who owned
>> the land you infest.

> Sounds like the history of 'Israel', jewboy!

No, it's the history of Australia. Learn to read.

"The second consequence of British settlement was
appropriation of land and water resources. The combination
of disease, loss of land and direct violence reduced the
Aboriginal population by up to 80% between 1788 and 1900.
A wave of massacres and resistance followed the frontier
of British settlement. By the 1870s all the fertile areas
of Australia had been appropriated, and Indigenous communities
reduced to impoverished remnants living either on the fringes
of Australian communities or on lands considered unsuitable
for settlement".
(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_A...)

Harold Black

"The Peeler" <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 22:53:15 +0000 (UTC), SmallHenry <not@home.org>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <bdUho.5969$FH2.5694@viwinnwfe02.internal.bigpond.com>,
>>Harold Black <not@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Settlers are scum.
>>
>> All you aussie bastards are effectively settlers.
>>
>> After all, you did murder the people who owned
>> the land you infest.
>
> Sounds like the history of 'Israel', jewboy!

Also sounds like the history of the USA, but on a much smaller scale.

The Peeler

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 23:28:45 +0000 (UTC), SmallHenry <not@home.org>
wrote:

>In article <6q6g86159pfunhuptvbtukc04dk8g3j9j5@4ax.com>,
>The Peeler <peelingthe@invalid.admin> wrote:
>
>>> All you aussie bastards are effectively settlers.
>>>
>>> After all, you did murder the people who owned
>>> the land you infest.
>
>> Sounds like the history of 'Israel', jewboy!
>
> No, it's the history of Australia. Learn to read.

No, it's the history of 'Israel'. Take your jew lies and shove them
up your fat jew ass, jewboy.