net/smtp TLS auth?

warhero

6/28/2007 11:35:00 PM

i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?

Thanks.

Trans

On Jun 28, 7:35 pm, Aaron Smith <beingthexempl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
> TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
>
> Thanks.

How ironic... to quote Ben, "To the best of my knowledge, no. I've
been needing something like that for nearly a year now."

T.

warhero

Trans wrote:
> On Jun 28, 7:35 pm, Aaron Smith <beingthexempl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
>> TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> How ironic... to quote Ben, "To the best of my knowledge, no. I've
> been needing something like that for nearly a year now."
>
> T.

damn

Florian Aßmann

Aaron Smith schrieb:
> i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
> TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
>
> Thanks.

Uhm, you may be able to connect to a tls auth'd smtp using a tunnel imho.

Sincerely
Florian

Jonathan Weiss

Aaron Smith wrote:
> i'm trying to do some net/smtp operations and my smtp server requires
> TLS authentication. is that possible with net/smtp?
>
> Thanks.

Look at the ar_mailer gem, it includes a patch for net/smtp to to TLS.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Weiss
http://blog.in...