Is there a ruby source code formatter?

Frank Church

6/27/2007 6:40:00 PM

Is there a ruby source code formatter somewhere out there?

My ruby code is looking pretty terrible as I chop and change here and
there to get the code to work right.

Something that can take a ruby file and output another file will be
great.

Frank

Gavin Kistner

On Jun 27, 12:40 pm, Frank Church <vfcfor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a ruby source code formatter somewhere out there?
>
> My ruby code is looking pretty terrible as I chop and change here and
> there to get the code to work right.
>
> Something that can take a ruby file and output another file will be
> great.

You can find some answers to this in the first handful of links at:
http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+source+code...

Chris Hulan

On Jun 27, 2:40 pm, Frank Church <vfcfor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a ruby source code formatter somewhere out there?

I've been using http://www.arachnoid.com/ruby/rubyBeaut...

Its a Ruby script, so you can make adjustments if the default isn't to
your liking
Also easy to add as a tool to the various editors/IDEs I've been
playing with

Cheers
Chris