Help with a common problem

Kevin

6/21/2007 11:23:00 PM

I'm a very new programmer and was reffered to Ruby from a friend.
I followed this great tutorial http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?...
and got up to chapter 3. Something stoped working when trying to
"gets" and know i get the following error messege for everything.

ruby is not recgonized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

i got the same problem when trying to learn java.

Michael W. Ryder

Kevin wrote:
> I'm a very new programmer and was reffered to Ruby from a friend.
> I followed this great tutorial http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?...
> and got up to chapter 3. Something stoped working when trying to
> "gets" and know i get the following error messege for everything.
>
> ruby is not recgonized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> i got the same problem when trying to learn java.

Have you checked your path to be sure that ruby\bin is there?

Robert Klemme

On 22.06.2007 01:22, Kevin wrote:
> I'm a very new programmer and was reffered to Ruby from a friend.
> I followed this great tutorial http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?...
> and got up to chapter 3. Something stoped working when trying to
> "gets" and know i get the following error messege for everything.
>
> ruby is not recgonized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.

Did you actually install Ruby on that system...

> i got the same problem when trying to learn java.

.... and set PATH properly?

Kind regards

robert