An error I can't find

user@domain.invalid

6/19/2007 11:00:00 AM

Hello, there's certainly a monstrous error I don't see in :
<% for i in @news %>
<% if dern_cat != i.categorie %>
<% case i.categorie %>
<% end %>
<% end %>
<% end %>

I've removed all the code I could and don't understand why the case
i.categorie produce a syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting kWHEN

What is that syntax error ?

Thank you
4 Answers

Daniel Kempkens

Zouplaz schrieb:
> Hello, there's certainly a monstrous error I don't see in :
> <% for i in @news %>
> <% if dern_cat != i.categorie %>
> <% case i.categorie %>
> <% end %>
> <% end %>
> <% end %>
>
> I've removed all the code I could and don't understand why the case
> i.categorie produce a syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting kWHEN
>
> What is that syntax error ?
>
> Thank you
The correct Syntax would be something like this (not tested):
<% for i in @news %>
<% if dern_cat != i.categorie %>
<% case i.categorie %>
<% when bar then foo %>
<% end %>
<% end %>
<% end %>

user@domain.invalid

le 19/06/2007 13:46, Daniel Kempkens nous a dit:
> Zouplaz schrieb:
>> Hello, there's certainly a monstrous error I don't see in :
>> <% for i in @news %>
>> <% if dern_cat != i.categorie %>
>> <% case i.categorie %>
>> <% end %>
>> <% end %>
>> <% end %>
>>
>> I've removed all the code I could and don't understand why the case
>> i.categorie produce a syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting
>> kWHEN
>>
>> What is that syntax error ?
>>
>> Thank you
> The correct Syntax would be something like this (not tested):
> <% for i in @news %>
> <% if dern_cat != i.categorie %>
> <% case i.categorie %>
> <% when bar then foo %>
> <% end %>
> <% end %>
> <% end %>

I removed the 'when' statements just to have the shortest source code...
with

when 'foo'
doit()
when 'bar'
dont()

the error is the same

mrpink

that's the correct synthax, working with me without problems:

for i in @news do
if dern_cat != i.categorie then

case i.categorie
when bar :foo

If you still have problems post your whole code and the exact and whole
errormessage you are getting!

--
greets

one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to
give birth to a dancing star

Axel Etzold

Dear Zouplaz,

it seems you opened a case-end statement and incorporated
when-end statements into it.
But the when part doesn't end in 'end', but in the next when
statement:

case condition

when 1

puts "First thing."

when 2

puts "Second thing."

else

puts 'you didn\'t satisfy the condition!!!!'
end

Best regards,

Axel

Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: http://www.gmx.net/de/g...