Deleting a non empty directory

Kostas Zoumbatianos

6/18/2007 5:32:00 PM

Hi, I am getting an exception when I use Dir.delete on a non empty
directory.
What should I do to remove a non empty directory?

Thanks,
Kostas

Kaldrenon

On Jun 18, 1:32 pm, Kostas Zoumbatianos <zoumbatia...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi, I am getting an exception when I use Dir.delete on a non empty
> directory.
> What should I do to remove a non empty directory?
>
> Thanks,
> Kostas

Use Dir.each to iterate over the items in the dir, and call
File.delete on them. Then call Dir.delete.

bmunat@gmail.com

On Jun 18, 8:28 am, Kaldrenon <kaldre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 1:32 pm, Kostas Zoumbatianos <zoumbatia...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am getting an exception when I use Dir.delete on a non empty
> > directory.
> > What should I do to remove a non empty directory?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Kostas
>
> > --
>
> Use Dir.each to iterate over the items in the dir, and call
> File.delete on them. Then call Dir.delete.

Or use FileUtils::rm_rf:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/FileUtils.ht...

Be careful though. ;-)

Kostas Zoumbatianos

bmunat@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 18, 8:28 am, Kaldrenon <kaldre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > --
>>
>> Use Dir.each to iterate over the items in the dir, and call
>> File.delete on them. Then call Dir.delete.
>
> Or use FileUtils::rm_rf:
>
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/FileUtils.ht...
>
> Be careful though. ;-)

Thanks a lot!