can not Rake :), please help.

ozizus

6/17/2007 4:59:00 PM

Hi, I dont get what is wrong with this rakefile:

#====================================
task :default => :TTList

checkfile = "arrangement0/list.txt"
task :TTList => checkfile do
regenarate
end
#===================================

So, regenarate function regenarates bunch of files, including the
checkfile. When I call rake, it should run :TTList task, but only if
checkfile is not there. This rakefile runs :TTList even if the
checkfile exists.

thx.

1 Answer

Bira

On 6/17/07, ozizus <oguz@ce.yildiz.edu.tr> wrote:
> So, regenarate function regenarates bunch of files, including the
> checkfile. When I call rake, it should run :TTList task, but only if
> checkfile is not there. This rakefile runs :TTList even if the
> checkfile exists.

If I recall correctly, it works the other way around. You're defining
the checkfile as a pre-requisite of TTList, so it would only run if
the checkfile was already present. If you remove it, does TTList run?

--
Bira
http://compexplicita.bl...